Insurance for us youngsters.......

darve

I've got my near finished build going on the rollers on Saturday and realised I don't have any insurance in place for when it's being towed. The towing is somewhat irrelevant as I'll need to sort out insurance to drive to IVA shortly anyway.

Having a look around some of the regulars won't insure us "young" people :no: E.g. Frank Pickles is 30 plus

Gave A-plan a ring due to all the positive comments on here and I got a quote of £420 :suspect: If it was 6 months time (when I turn 25) they said it would drop to about £260 :(

So any "youngsters" (no offence meant towards the errr "non-youngster" :p ) any experiences or wisdom to pass on? Or am I going to have to accept it will be expensive for the first year? :westy:

You'll have to get older quick then.

Guess you'll have to pay extra for a year. After that and a year of no claims and over 25 it may come down more than that.

If you're going on a RR have you rebuilt the engine and run it in? Personally I wouldn't put a car with an engine in an unknown condition or just rebuilt on an RR. Sorry if the answers on the build, thread.

about the "only " advantage of being 0ld

My advice  -  stay young and cough up , its a yoof tax :t-up:

norm - straight out the mx5, clean and paint, then dropped in the westfield :)

good idea dom - didn't think of that!!!!!

Do you know if it's OK and will stand up to a screaming session on rollers?

I drove it around for a week and all seemed ok. but will it survive, no idea! thats why ive held off iva booking :)

I was around 26 the first year insured mine (0 ncb at that point) and it was around £400.  Bear in mind that the same year I insured my 306 1.4LX and it cost me double that.......

I doubt you will find a policy for less than £400, so I'm afraid it's gonna hurt for a year or two....

get married....asap....you'll age quicker... :(

Sore point............ :down:  :down: :down:  

Dave, do you know which insurer the A plan quote was with?

get married....asap....you'll age quicker... :(

That's below the belt, now I' ll have to cheer him up

Dave, do you know which insurer the A plan quote was with?

it was someone based in chelmsford but the name escapes me at the moment :/