What is the acceptable price of Porsche motoring.

iain m

Can i count the cost of the last vehicle I was in, about £10000 per hour.

I did a three hour mission last week, cost £95000, now thats expensive running costs

RNLI AJ???? off shore lifeboat? or helicopter ??

heheheheh - i just imagined all cornish folks to be on a lifeboat (says the bude boy how stayed up north)  :)

. Says he about to get his A8 plugged into Jeff's VAG unit to figure out why the windscreen wipers won;t work. Fuses are all OK, wipers seem free, but just stopped working  :bangshead:

yeh but on the plus side of Audi prestige ownership where else can you get a proper cuppa coffee and two choccy biscuits at the same time as a free diagnostic service  :d  :d  :d

• Like 1

oh and on the running of a Porsche, last one I had was a 997 cabriolet , I got it handy money  but got the biggest servicing bill Ive  ever had on any car and was done at mates rates ! I sold mine as after reading the forums I was concerned at some of the bills I was reading about , IMS failures are very common and engine basically grenades without warning :o  :o  :o  :o  and other reason I sold was car was as dull as dishwater to drive  :(  :(  :(  plus side is I run it over summer and made a few quid on it so not all bad  :d  :d  :d  :d

edited to say GEN 2 cars are apparently fine and dont suffer , same with the GT and turbo cars . so lesson is here if you gonna buy a Porsche buy a fast one   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

yeh but on the plus side of Audi prestige ownership where else can you get a proper cuppa coffee and two choccy biscuits at the same time as a free diagnostic service :d :d :d

You sure make a great cup of coffee Jeff. Thought I had died and gone to heaven when biscuits came out :d

Thanks for scan. Just need to find out where they have hidden wiper control module.

Now then Jeff, My A6 has a knock from the o/s/f suspension. Sounds like a worn mounting on the wishbone or tie bar. Had a look with a big screwdriver but only the chassis end of the tie bar was showing any movement but it looks OK,

Any ideas?

edited to say GEN 2 cars are apparently fine and dont suffer , same with the GT and turbo cars . so lesson is here if you gonna buy a Porsche buy a fast one   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Not true !!

• Like 1

Now then Jeff, My A6 has a knock from the o/s/f suspension. Sounds like a worn mounting on the wishbone or tie bar. Had a look with a big screwdriver but only the chassis end of the tie bar was showing any movement but it looks OK,

Any ideas?

When you come over to Sheffield Norman bring it up for a look. At least you'll get a decent cup of coffee and biscuits :d :D

Check the wheel nuts

John, I've had the wheel off to check the suspension joints. 

I do have a knock which I will get into one of my customers in Sheffield next week to look at. I suspect it's something that experience will solve.

I was only jesting because of the post before...  :)

Not true !!

really?  that will be more forum b*****k* ive read then no doubt.  :arse:  :oops:  :d

You sure make a great cup of coffee Jeff. Thought I had died and gone to heaven when biscuits came out :d

Thanks for scan. Just need to find out where they have hidden wiper control module.

u need to class yourself as honoured Mr A. Its a very rare occasion I get the chocolate biscuits out to guests and first time ever Ive given two away  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :laugh:

A whole two! Nick, watch out he'll send you an invoice.

Fixing car    £0.00

Biscuits   £100.00