Help me decide please?

Young Pretender

I have just taken off my windscreen to fit an aeroscreen.

It was quite messy underneath so cleaned all the silicone and dirt off and gave it a quick machine polish and it comes up shiny.  However I'm still left with holes and uneven grp bits where the pillars were and they won't be covered by the aeroscreen.

I don't want to by a new scuttle bit (if that's what it's called)  and I don't really want to get into fibre glass repair at the moment.  Rubber grommets won't look particularly great as the holes are a bit rough cut.  It doesn't have to look concourse though, the car is for fun.

What would you/have you done with yours?  I was thinking maybe some kind of plastic/vinyl/dynoc type sticky sheet in red or black but not sure if it'll look ok or how it'll sit over the holes?

What do you think?

IMG_2126_zps61993424.jpg

IMG_2124_zpsbdaaf89e.jpg

What about a couple of well placed stickers..?

WSCC stickers :)

Vinyl doesn't really hide poor surfaces and wont hide the holes. you could fill them with normal filler, rub down smooth and cover the area with red or carbon effect vinyl. I did this on my wheel carrier bracket holes. Took literally minutes to do and you cant see them through the carbon vinyl that I covered the area with.

Mark.

Vinyl doesn't really hide poor surfaces and wont hide the holes. you could fill them with normal filler, rub down smooth and cover the area with red or carbon effect vinyl. I did this on my wheel carrier bracket holes. Took literally minutes to do and you cant see them through the carbon vinyl that I covered the area with.

Mark.

How did you get the right vinyl colour Mark?

Stickers arent a bad shout as are wscc ones.  Where can I get wscc stickers?  (that don't have stoneleigh 2013 on them)   :d

I have a yellow car, but covered the recess for the spare wheel in carbon effect vinyl so not the same colour, but looks good! Well looks better than the four holes that were there! I have pic but don't know how to post them. You should be able to buy the colour you want from ebay or a local vinyl wrap company. Make sure you buy quality wrap tho as cheap stuff peels!

Y P, Try moving the Aero forward and rotate it to cover the old windscreen holes, worked for my car. I used the old holes to clamp the sides of the aero to the scuttle with black plastic bolts

See picture below

I then used the windscreen washer jet holes with two more black plastic bolts, to fix the front of the screen. Just in case I needed to refit the original screen.

:)

A cleverly positioned tax disc holder will cover a couple   :t-up:

DSCF1630.jpg

Y P, Try moving the Aero forward and rotate it to cover the old windscreen holes, worked for my car. I used the old holes to clamp the sides of the aero to the scuttle with black plastic bolts

See picture below

:)

You've done very well there, looks neat.  No idea how you've managed it though, it may just cover my top holes but the bottom ones are miles out.  They're roughly where your mirrors are but if I mount my mirrors in the same place as yours I'm sure I won't be able to see the passenger side one at all.  Can you actually see yours?

By the way I'm glad I looked at you picture if only to remind me to take off all that vinyl dash stuff you can still see in my pic  :d

Marcus, that's interesting.  Perhaps tax disc on one side sticker on another  :t-up:

How did you get the right vinyl colour Mark?

Stickers arent a bad shout as are wscc ones.  Where can I get wscc stickers?  (that don't have stoneleigh 2013 on them)   :d

From me (naturally).  50p each plus £1 P & P. :)

:d Cheers Scott, will PM you now  :yes:

Cheers mark, if i can find some greek embossed flags i'm onto a winner  :d

You've done very well there, looks neat.  No idea how you've managed it though, it may just cover my top holes but the bottom ones are miles out.  They're roughly where your mirrors are but if I mount my mirrors in the same place as yours I'm sure I won't be able to see the passenger side one at all.  Can you actually see yours?

By the way I'm glad I looked at you picture if only to remind me to take off all that vinyl dash stuff you can still see in my pic  :d

Marcus, that's interesting.  Perhaps tax disc on one side sticker on another  :t-up:

Nope I can't see anything through the nearside mirror  :(  but it looks balanced  :laugh: 

I have now fitted a central stalk mirror, which has improved things no end. If I need to put the screen back on, there will be 3 washer jets :d

I'm thinking about filling in the holes then painting, wet sand, polish etc..

What can I use to fill?