My sincere thanks to all at MK General & the Radcliffe Oxford

Marto303

At least you are here telling the story, must admit i know MK general well, spend many a hour in there with my day during his last few days

Sorry to hear your news Martin, but glad you've pulled through and hopefully on the road to being stronger than ever

Maybe not doable this month, but drop me a line if you're bored and fancy a run out to the Earls Barton car meet next month or something. Happy to pick you up on my way through

Take it easy for now, though

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that but delighted you pulled through.  As others have said - take it easy.

bloomin heck - take it easy chap

Marto, I'll have a beer for you mate... jeez you are a lucky man.

Serious offer (as ive got no work next week and I am now a nearly qualified mechanic having changed a bush and filter on my lorry) can i help with the garage for you - answering phone, bits and pieces??? 

If you need anything just ask me. 

Lots of love 

James and Debs 

Just to add Martin, if there is anything in the workshop that can't wait and needs finishing my neighbour with the corvette is a mobile mechanic and I'm sure would be happy to help out.

Hi Martin sorry to hear about your news and happy birthday, must be something to do with all the excitement of owning a Westfield. They do say all bad things Come in three's. Think I might take things a bit easier just to be on the safe side, and you better take it easier as well for a while, good luck and be well mate

This is where the NHS excels. Sad that you had the attack in the first place but now you have survived there is a long future for you as the aftercare will be great.

Get well soon.

Marto, im going to the pub now for a few beers mate - will raise a glass to your good fortune and see you soon - hows it going???  james 

• Like 1

Oh James a nice cold pint, I can almost taste it! Much better thanks, MRI today showed minimal long term damage to my ticker thank god but did high light how poorly it's working just now, so as everyone has already told me follow the rehab plan and long term I should be better than ever, like Steve Austin :-)

Btw I forgot to say a Big Thanks for all the support from you guys at the WSCC many of who I've not even meet yet, just goes to show what a great club this.

See you at a SS event soon

They will rebuild you Marto :-) keep well and chill out  :yes:

Martin, is your cholesterol high? This is the usual reason for furred up arteries and a stent.

The people I know, about 3, who have had heart attacks and a stent were all put on Statins.

And given a strict diet.

And told to walk 3 miles a day. 

Keeping me in till Monday just for OBS as I had a particularly tuff day on Wednesday, CPR & 8 blast from a defibrillator to keep me alive on the way here, a few of which I was conscious for, f**k me that hurts.

Norm, strangely it's low, 3.9 but just one small area of build up caused a blood clot, when that broke free all hell let loose.

The plan is a steady build of exercise, statins Asperine and some other drugs for the next year but no strict diet, just moderation in all foods.

I've also joined a research program here, regular MRI's and the info gained is used to help future sufferers, for me an incredible opportunity to follow my recovery progress, all good me thinks.

Blimey mate just seen this, what a shocker! Really glad you're on the mend!

If there is anything you need or errands runnng or whatever let me know, Im only round the corner....

I forgive you for not replying to my text now, being as you were busy having a heart attack and all...

Keep smiling :d

Russ