Which event shall I do?

Paul Morcom

Due to family commitments I have just lost the Curborough 24th August off my planned list of events.

So trying to decide which event I might add in its place.....

1. Aintree/Three Sisters weekend - heard good things about both venues and joining them together over one weekend but am I too late to get an entry in to both.
  2. MIRA - been there, technical, unfriendly, close to home but not sure.
  3. Hethel - heard good things about the new layout and tarmac. Rather a long way to go for one day.
  4. Brands Hatch - would love to do Brands but expensive, nightmare to get to and only half a day.

Your views please to help me decide.

Cheers

Paul

My take  --  purely personal . . .

Aintree  --  Very fast and flowing. Wonderful if dry, but only three corners, lots of need for power, lots of grip, but a tendency to pour with rain in the middle of a class  :cry:

Three Sisters  --  A kart track. Lots of video available. IMHO uninteresting, but many people love it.

MIRA  --  You know. Very grippy. Quite technical. Generally fun (if "only" four corners  --  the fifth is actually a straight!).

Hethel  --  Very fast, but not flowing. The ultimate power circuit with a bit of technical thrown in. Always friendly and comparatively well organised (B19), Deepest Norfolk, but I'll probably be there.

Brands Hatch  --  The most exhilarating circuit in the country, basta! Very fast and flowing. Paddock Bend intimidating but gorgeous. Only a morning, but more track time than many full sprint days at the likes of Curborough or MIRA, just compressed into shorter elapsed time. Difficult if you have car problems (little time to rectify). Undeniably expensive, but you can afford it. The one meeting in the year that I'll rearrange holidays to attend. Chris' video at 

I suppose my recommendation is clear  :blush:

All best

David

• Like 1

never done the first two.

love mira .

love hethel more.

brands is great but would be better if in afternoon when really dry. but worth a visit just to say you done it.

wont be doing brands this year has it clashes with thoresby park and even those im ever going to get anywhere near the target time.just cant get enough of it .and get two days for the price of   brands.but if they had not clashed would of done brands

Aintree & 3 sisters are an interesting combination (which is why they are on the calendar) great fun and very different challenge. Been loads of times and not had that much problem with the weather.

Like the video of Brands and it does tempt me.

Paul,

Three sisters and Aintree.

Both well organised events and usually plenty of runs for your money. Would love to do Brands myself but could justify the distance and expense for half a day.

Ain'tree and 3 sisters is the choice for me

Paul

I think David has summed it up pretty well though the video doesn't really do Brands justice as it doesn't show the changes in elevation which are incredible when sat in a 7 especially at the bottom of paddock bend.  I gave the first Brands a miss as I didn't think it could possibly be worth the money how wrong I was.

Half day format works well it's the same at Lydden, small entry and slick organisation is the key.

New Hethel is a lovely circuit billiard table surface and very quick, I'm intending to do a MIRA/Hethel weekend on the 3/4 August, now there's an option for you. :d 

I hope to do the Mira/Hethel weekend as well

video doesn't really do Brands justice as it doesn't show the changes in elevation which are incredible when sat in a 7 

Or, that you arrive at the entry to Paddock at 125 mph without being able to see the bend at all  --  it just looks as though you're going to plummet off a cliff  :oops:

I have driven Brands several times and a couple of corners are fantastic at speed