BOOM

FILFAN

mrs filfan was cleaning in the utility this morning and when she picked up some of my junk next to the boiler and the fused switch on the wall blew up with a mighty BOOM  :oops:  There was soot on the wall and all the mcb's tripped.

At first i thought the boiler had gone pop and blown the fuse but thought it strange for the soot to be there as any spark would be contained in the fuse. Took the switch off the wall and it appears that something has shorted across the terminal and the earth bar judging by the marks on them. dont know what as it had obviously been vaporised. checked the fuse which was fine gave it all a good clean and put the mcb's back on. everything is back to normal and working now :)

bl**** Persimmon homes. I would never buy another new house there built by cowboys with crap products and this place has been nothing but trouble

Would it not have the 10 year gurantee on a new home?

NHBC aint worth anything really unless the house falls down. you get 2 years guarantee to cover things like that after that its tough luck. 

bl**dy Persimmon homes. I would never buy another new house there built by cowboys with crap products and this place has been nothing but trouble

Our first house was built in 1936. Then we lived in a 1980's built heap of rubbish. 

Since then the newest was built 1860. The old ones will be standing long after the new ones have been forgotten.

• Like 1

I never liked new houses. Swmbo wanted one because there all shinny and less to do. In reality I never had so much to do and have met alot of incompatant people/tradesmen. My old 1905 terrace that I completely gutted and renovated was less hassle.

Does she regret moving from a 1905 characterful house to a soleless new one?

Yeah that's the main thing.

Did think that I was about to call you for a new boiler though

I may not have to wait that long anyway if they fitted you summat a bit tardy anyway.

You know I would accommodate you accordingly. 

Tricky, if you live in Sheffield my lad may need a new boiler. He lives in Stocksbridge (someone has to). He keeps saying how expensive the present one is to run but doesn't want a complete repipe as well.

Tricky, if you live in Sheffield my lad may need a new boiler. He lives in Stocksbridge (someone has to). He keeps saying how expensive the present one is to run but doesn't want a complete repipe as well.[/quote

No probs Norman, I'm in Chapeltown so not far away, I can pm you my mobile number if you like?

Rich.]

Let me talk to him. I'll let you know as soon as he answers.

Jeez!!  There is nothing in planning law that dictates the size of a garage (...or the third bedroom, etc etc)  We live in Europe's smallest new houses.  The majority of housing developers are complete t*ssers and tell the Government that the planning system is at fault.  However, like Tescos (currently), they are sitting on a huge land bank with planning already in place.

Rory's Dad