severe hangover in Midlands owing to ceilidh and cider.... a warning!

alexander72

My old dad who was known to partake of a dram or two in his day once told me he had got drunk on cider, only once, he vowed and declared never to touch the evil brew again. Didn't mind getting a bad head on beer but said on cider was a whole different league.

I've been rat arsed on cider and won't drink that much again. 

Funny thing is I've never been drunk on bitter. A friend once counted how many pints I consumed at a landlords wedding. From 2pm through to 5am the next morning he reckoned I'd drunk 20 pints. He also said he may have missed a few.

When I was 15 I got piddled on whiskey and coke.I was ill for a week!  51 years later I feel sick if I smell it.

I now keep off spirits, have a shandy with dinner and drink 2 or 3 bottles of rouge a week. But that goes sky high when we have guests......

I feel better now chaps - been off any form of cider since Friday.  Had a pint of Peroni Grand Reserva tonight - very good lager beer :-)