severe hangover in Midlands owing to ceilidh and cider.... a warning!

alexander72

Folks,

I went to a charity ceilidh (think that how it's spelt) on Friday, great band, real ale and cider bar, in a local bar to us in N'pton.  

I only had 6 pints of cider over 4 hours and felt a bit groggy at about 1 am so went home after a good reel. 

Saturday was a washout for me and I could barely move/talk/function and wanted to know why I felt so bad - phoned my mate who was in charge of drinks kitty and apparently the cider was 9.3 % ABV......equivalent to 30.7 units!!!!!

I have not felt as bad for at least 20 years  :no:

James 

lightweight

But how was the band?

Band were awesome.. I think I had a bad peanut about 3 hours in - or that last pint was off..... :-) 

But how was the band?

What band? :laugh:

Lightweight - cheers Steve... My eyes looked like yours did a while ago on Saturday morning!!!

Lightweight - cheers Steve... My eyes looked like yours did a while ago on Saturday morning!!!

fpmsl

• Like 1

Oh dear Lord, please tell me you two didn't share a sleeping bag on Friday night...

James, Sounds like good stuff, suggest you visit Bridge Farm, East Chinnock http://www.bridgefarmcider.co.uk/

next time you're in Somerset for a top up.  Take your own container for a discount, Nigel even has a Westfield in the barn - it's been sitting there for nearly 2 years.

Jon H

My car will be in the barn for two years the way my head felt on Saturday....  :d

You know what the angel's share is I take it?  For those who may not, it's the whisky that evaporates whilst it's maturing.  Lovely expression I think