My First Westy Adventure

dmac800

Returned home yesterday from a great weekend in the Westy. Went to the Forres Theme Day car show on Sunday where the sun shone all day and met up with some like minded club members, great to meet you guys :) . Then to top it all off I won first prize in the class I entered :d . Onward to Aberdeen to visit friends, an early night and up bright and breezy to a full cooked Scottish breakfast. Sun was shining again, and off I went to Ricky Gauld Motorsport in Huntly for a engine set up and rolling road session. All I can say is Ricky knows his stuff, managed to get 165 bhp out of my standard C20XE on 45s, very happy with that. I have to say seeing your pride and joy getting ragged to within an inch of its life on the rollers is pretty scary if you haven't seen it before. All in all a very enjoyable first adventure in the Westy(apart from the torrential rain on the way up from Inverness :( ) Roll on Applecross :cool:

Thanks for reading my ramblings

David

• Like 1

You enjoyed it and that's all that matters :t-up:

Great to hear, well done.  :yes: 

Glad to here all went well, Stoneleigh next year?

• Like 1

Glad to here all went well, Stoneleigh next year?

Could be a plan ???

• Like 1

Definitely, it's a great event, really well attended.

I feel it's pretty safe to say its the most westies you'll ever witness in one place

Definitely, it's a great event, really well attended.

I feel it's pretty safe to say its the most westies you'll ever witness in one place

My problem is it is so far away, but I could make a Westy holiday out of it.

That's what a lot of people do, there's quite a few from Isle of Man, Ireland and Europe. Even met a guy who'd come from Greece

It's the biggest kit car show in Europe if I'm not mistaken

You're probably right Steve. It's traditionally had people travel from all over. Holland and Belgium have been popular supporters of Stoneleigh in the past too.

If you've a long way to come, you can arrive on the Saturday, get a full Sunday in and either do a whole Monday leave late, or just do Monday morning. (The club has it's own camping area)

Sunday night we'll typically have a club BBQ and get together in the marquee.

But better still, if you sign on to help out you'll get so much more out of the event, yet still have time to wander the halls and have a look round/spend money! ;):d

Being one of the brightly coloured t shirt brigade is such a great ice breaker and a rewarding way to while away the weekend. :yes:

• Like 1

Brightly coloured is one thing....

But

PINK is something else entirely!

He's in the corner asking everyone for money.  :)

Not sure about that but there was a guy from Germany I would have said who was seriously interested in buying a car there and then..... So much so when told about the bussa in the tent was available for £30K he opened his bag to reveal, a sack full of cash!!!!

Shocked was not the word!

your going to love Applecross , a good bunch of guys , good roads , good food but the best bit is the banter .