Kent Meet and Blatt - Sat 08 June

Young Pretender

Those of you from Kent may have noticed that there isn't a local area meet so despite some of our neighbouring counties putting on good efforts I thought I'd test peoples appetites for a little get together and ride out together in the not too distant future.

So how about Saturday 08 June?  I was thinking about a possible early start so we can have a good bit of fun and still get back to the families to fulfil our duties!  I'll suggest the following as a starting point:

- 08:00 - 08:30 meet at the Weald of Kent golf club near Headcorn.  Have a bit of a gas together then get on the road soon after 09:00.

-Head through Headcorn and Tenterden then off towards Appledore and down to Rye.  Some great little roads along here with long open bends and good visibility.  

-A little stop at a tea room in Appledore or Rye for a brunch and some more gassing.

-Head back the same route towards Tenterden but rather than going back towards Headcorn tear off towards High Halden, Bethersden then Ashford before picking up the A20 back through Charring and Lenham towards Maidstone area.

If you have a look at the map it's a fairly central route apart from the diversion down to Rye but that's worth it!

If people are interested I'll put some proper route maps together on paper or on Tomtoms (sure that's possible)

Any takers??

Mark

I would be interested but i would need to find an accomodation for the night before.

Hi Chris, would be great to have you along. Will you be over here visiting?

The golf club we are starting at is also a hotel with good enough facilities. It's out of the way too so your car would be quite safe there. If it's not to the right budget I can suggest plenty of other places so just let me know if you feel you can make it.

Cheers

Mark

Hi I would def be interested in coming out with you,

my car isn't on the road at the mo as Ive just completed an engine swap, but will def all be done by then!

Mark.

Well done Mark, hope your car comes together  :t-up:

Should be fine, started and driven it today, so just minor fettling to do tomorrow (ive got the week off to get it finished)!

Hi, I will keep an eye on the thread and if my new fuel tank is ready and fitted I could well be joining you!

Good

I have friends in calais (france) and i could take the opportunity to visit them and then to have a good blat in england. I am going to check the feasability next week but i am definitely interested...

I will let you know

By the way if anyone from surrounding counties (Graham? :yes: ) or with other cars would like to come along then please do.

Atlas, hope that fuel tank gets sorted.. feels like that has been going on for a while!

Chris, fantastic sentiment, hope plenty of locals make the effort to make your potential trip worthwhile.

Roll up, roll up  :d

Mark I will ping an email out to the Surrey boys. When I saw this I immediately thought of Graham lol! I'm pretty sure I can make this as well :)

yup i am in

but 7am is early not 8-30 :)

and dont forget the military road as we are doing rye

mark
have you used " t.y.r.e."
www.tyretotravel.com
free software that lets you plot the route YOU want to travel and load it onto tomtom.
its great because every one with a t/tom can then drive at there own pace but arrive at the end point
with no worries about getting lost.
if u r not sure, bung the route over to me

or steve
and i / he will convert it for t/tom

Top man Graham, cheers.

I'm aware of tyre yes.  Steve once knocked up a route for me which embarrassingly I still haven't used.  I'll see if I can get on with it otherwise I'll drop you an email  :yes: 

I LOVE Military road :d  :d   :westy: