Stoneleigh Pretzel Contest Results

Captain Colonial

Well, there's always got to be a morning after, and it's the morning after Stoneleigh, lots of admin and paperwork to crack on with, but I decided to start with something easy, which was to count the number of pretzels in the sealed 1.5 kg (ish) jar used in the Guess The Number Of Pretzels In The Jar game at Stoneleigh.

It was 50p a go, with the nearest guess winning all the money raised as credit towards their WSCC account, and able to be used for membership fees, merchandise or track days.

We had 27 guesses in all (£13.50) - wish we could have raised more, but that's OK, just a bit of fun.

There really should be a special penalty prize for the person who was furtherest away from the actual number of pretzels in the jar, but I can't zap our cheeky chappie filfan, who amused many with his guess (which was only slightly off) of 4,200,000,000,000,000. :d

In the end, and after counting all the pretzels (even the broken ones, assembling them into complete ones), there were 246 pretzels in the jar.

The winner, whose remarkably close guess of 247 was made by one of the ladies in his family (Alice), is Carpenter Chr7s - congratulations to him!

Thanks to all those who played and commiserations to those who didn't win, especially SootySport who was only 9 away at 255.

The pretzels will be given a rest for Stoneleigh 2014, as I'm sure you're heartily sick of them  - I'll have to have a think about what to do for next year.

i was sure i had it in the bag with that guess. it was worth the 50p though just to see your face scott when you saw it  :d

• Like 1

i was sure i had it in the bag with that guess. it was worth the 50p though just to see your face scott when you saw it :d

I'd paid five years membership to watch Scott count that many!

• Like 1

:cry: i reckon it was rigged...... :cry:

:yes: :yes: Big thanks for the complimentry can of 7up :yes: :yes: ..pity i didnt get the chance to meet the bad man with the pretzels. :(  always a next time. ;)

Ah so near yet so far :down: my guess would have been bang on if that pesky MemSec hadn't gone and pieced back together all the halves. :oops::laugh:

I'd paid five years membership to watch Scott count that many!

I could have done it very rapidly, as that many pretzels would have weighed 25,200,000,000 tonnes, so all I'd have to do is find a truck and a weighbridge and put pretzels in until I hit the magic 42,000,000,000,000,000 mark.

Actually, I'd just have to calculate how many trucks would be needed to haul 2,845,528,455,000,000 jars and I'd be done.

Just off to raise your invoice for £187.50 which you have 30 days to pay. :d

I was actually using the old English billion of a million million not the adopted American thousand million. Sorry for the confusion.

I was actually using the old English billion of a million million not the adopted American thousand million. Sorry for the confusion.

My original posts corrected to reflect this. :t-up:

/I'd want £187,500,000 to count that - off to alter guest's invoice :d

The BBQ fund will be good next year :d

• Like 1

Scott,

So gutted I could not get there. I've always wanted to get to the show but something always comes up.

Next year, how about a "how many can you eat in three minutes without a drink" competition. You could substitute popcorn if you have any left :laugh:

Cheers

DerekJ

Scott, I didn't realise the competition was on and I was sat next to you for an hour ish. Can I have a guess now ?? :love: 246 at a stab

Bob

Ps oh

Thanks for a cracking day loads of good banter and lucky with the weather. Big up to Chaz, Andy and all the little pink elves. My Mrs is getting some mileage out of the Tshirt colour but hey ho,  too thick skinned to worry.

Well done to all. :d  :d  :d :d  :d  

I wish to register a complaint.

This is discrimination to those of us who couldn't get to Stoneleigh this year.

I will raise it at PMQ's and demand we are allowed a free entry and a recount is carried out forthwith.

Oh, and by the way I'm so pleased that Phil didn't win, One win is enough!   :)  :)  :)  :)

It's not the winning that counts Norman just the taking part.

Well, there's always got to be a morning after, and it's the morning after Stoneleigh, lots of admin and paperwork to crack on with, but I decided to start with something easy, which was to count the number of pretzels in the sealed 1.5 kg (ish) jar used in the Guess The Number Of Pretzels In The Jar game at Stoneleigh.

It was 50p a go, with the nearest guess winning all the money raised as credit towards their WSCC account, and able to be used for membership fees, merchandise or track days.

We had 27 guesses in all (£13.50) - wish we could have raised more, but that's OK, just a bit of fun.

There really should be a special penalty prize for the person who was furtherest away from the actual number of pretzels in the jar, but I can't zap our cheeky chappie filfan, who amused many with his guess (which was only slightly off) of 4,200,000,000,000,000. :d

In the end, and after counting all the pretzels (even the broken ones, assembling them into complete ones), there were 246 pretzels in the jar.

The winner, whose remarkably close guess of 247 was made by one of the ladies in his family (Alice), is Carpenter Chr7s - congratulations to him!

Thanks to all those who played and commiserations to those who didn't win, especially SootySport who was only 9 away at 255.

The pretzels will be given a rest for Stoneleigh 2014, as I'm sure you're heartily sick of them  - I'll have to have a think about what to do for next year.

I reckon you ate 8 of them when you opened the jar, or was it 9.

Ugh - I'm sick of pretzels mate!  In fact, I left the last third of the open jar behind for Andy Banks and Co when I left just before 5 (along with two beers to wash it down).

Now I have 246 pretzels to eat...