You Can It's a Bank Holiday

SootySport

The fxxxing strimmers are out,    fxxxing leaf blowers later I guess. It was nice and quite in my garage whilst re packing my exhaust until the B& Q brigade woke up about 12:00.

• Like 1

I got our noisy work over on Saturday using my Dads chipper. It's the BBQ's that do my head in. Purely because I'm jealous!

Funny that, I'm bar b queing the steaks tonight.

We've just had a BBQ, couple of beers and now for a snooze

We've just had a BBQ, couple of beers and now for a snooze

Sounds like Heaven!

Sounds like Heaven!

I would rather be putting car back together but need to wait for parts to arrive- frustrating with weather being so nice

Noise update===  The strimmers and the blowers are gone but the old gal a couple of doors away has her electric mower out for the 3rd. time in 7 days, she's obsessed by her grass.  Better all be finished by 6pm.

Apart from the fact we have no neighbours, other than the farmers sowing and, later in the year bringing in the crop, we live in silence,

Also, in Fracne, you're not allowed to use garden or farm machinery on Sundays or public holidays (other than to feed animals).

Whereas where we used to live, the couple of blokes in the big house were using their strimmer all weekend. Drove everyone mad. Sounded like a bunch of angry hornets.

Nice and quite at your place Norman?

Only sounds are the birds and the mice running around in the grass.

Nice :)   What about the noise of the corks popping?

No, we mainly drink red. They come out silently.

The owl that lives in my workshop sometimes hoot.

And I sometimes fart.

And,, I think we'll leave it there.

It's ironic that bank holidays were created to ensure the workers got some days to rest. After doing Stoneliegh the jobs list Jeanette gave me on Sunday in the garden was almost a full a4 list.Didn't complete it as it is strange that "man jobs" only take two mins in a womans mind.