Shall I just give up!

Norman Verona

After all the trials and tribulations with the tractor:

New battery, rad leaking, mower drive belt breaking and flat tyre.

I finally get some of the grass cut. I've now done the small field, the wide bits of the orchard and the area in front of the gites.

So yesterday I used our ride on to cut around the trees in the orchard and the edge of the field by the driveway.

Drive belt on the ride on breaks. I've searched the net this morning but cannot find one.

OK, I'll get it up in the air, try and work out which way it goes around the pulleys and wrap a piece of string round to get the length. I can then get one from Dominique the tractor garage.

I start up the big tractor and mulch up some grass clods in front of the workshop the cut the area behind the old house. After that I come round to the front of our house and do a bit of mulching and cut the grass around the rotary wash line.

As I turn to come out the front tyre catches on the side of an old plough.

I now need another new inner tube to replace the one that's a few days old and another tyre.

I'll be cleaning gites this afternoon.

Or I may just give up and watch the snooker.

• Like 1

b******* the grass, go for the snooker and vino collapso...

Another typical day at Verona Towers then.

Sooty, too true. It's just been one disaster after another this year.

Steve, advice heeded and actioned.

One word...

AstroTurf

A mate of mine did his garden in some really nice stuff. No mud, no need to cut it, dog shlt just needs a hose off and stays great year round!

I'm tempted myself.

• Like 1

Snooker

You might as well go watch some paint dry :laugh:

Dont mind playing it as I down a few pints but it may be skilful but god its boring 

• Like 1

Terry, depends who's playing. I'll watch Ronnie all day, he is just so entertaining. The real surprise this year is Barry Hawkins. He isn't that bad. Some, including me, were predicting a whitewash or very close to it. It's now 10-14 to Ronnie with Barry on the table.

However, I have a suspicion that Ronnie's let him get close before making clearances to zero. He will play a couple of frames badly (for him), then play the next three like a man possessed. He's just doubled a red into the centre pocket and may well now make a clearance to 7.

Stephen, don't be daft lad, no one in their right mind would astro turf ten acres. If you had that much money you'd employ someone and get a descent great big tractor. 

Ah,

Paying someone to do it... Buy the right kit for the job...

They're cracking ideas!

:laugh:

Well my stoneliegh trip ended before it began really, so got my £100 strimmer/mower combi out and did the front and back gardens! See, 10 acres seems like too much hard work, I'm happy with my moderately sized garden.

Although my mower has a collector and it's full after one length, so constantly emptying it! Front goes around two sides of the house, "L" shaped, short edge does two lengths, long edge is one! I cut is Thursday for first time this year, back garden six bin bags of cuttings, four front. Today was three and two! I couldn't believe how much there was, then realised I'd cut Thursday at 40mm and today at 20mm!

Stephen,

It's not a garden, It's a farm.

aerial.jpg

OUCH!

A visit to Dominique this morning and half rummaging  a huge collection of old tyres turned up nothing. I need 7.50 x 18. I assume that's an imperial measure, inches.

So nothing else for it but a new tyre and inner tube.

210€

The old tyre was 40 years old so I shouldn't complain.

But, me being me, I will   :) 

Hey Norm

Just get hold of some Agent Orange, few sprinkles and job done!

Simples!!!