Just joined and going to Stoneleigh!

dh-guest

Meeting at donington services at 9 then down to stoneliegh...... :yes:

Via Leicester forest east services...

• Like 1

Nice to meet ya Dan, hope you get your new exhaust fitted.

Good showing today!

It was indeed KugaWestie but your video hasnt picked mine up! was right in the corner :cry: ! LOL

Good day and a great turn out!

Nice to meet ya Dan, hope you get your new exhaust fitted.

Cheers Ian, great to meet you and some of the other guys today, it was a great day out. Might get some time to have a go at fitting the exhaust tomorrow, do I need to use any paste or something on the pipe joins?

dan, use silicone, then it will come apart easily.

If you have all stainless exhaust parts you shouldn't need paste.  Hopefully the pipes will all match up quite well and are easily takeapartable.   Use the sturdy Mikalor clamps for a a good join.   Small leaks will be passable on exhaust system joints come the MOT time.

I use a smear of rtv silicone, no fuss and no leaks.

I use a smear of rtv silicone, no fuss and no leaks.

Won't silicone type sealants burn off?

High temp copper silicone like Loctite 5920 are designed for stuff like exhausts.

I've always found ordinary, cheap, silicone will do just as good a job. I have a 4 into 1 branch with no clamps. They will "fluff" with slight leaks. It's also very difficult to get it off the pipes. A smear of silicone will seal it and it's easy to get off even if it's several years ago.

The main difference between the expensive silicone and the cheap is the amount of talc used to bulk it up. As the talc will burn off you're left with almost pure silicone.

I also smear the joint to the silencer even though this is clamped. It comes away with a gentle wiggle. Mines a stainless steel system with a titanium silencer.

I just happen to be re-packing mine today, no jointing stuff needed, it's a proper system :)