Just joined and going to Stoneleigh!

dh-guest

Hi everyone,

I have been casually browsing this forum for about 18 months now and finally decided to join. I went to Stoneleigh last year as its not far from me (live in Leicester) and one of the challenges was not knowing anyone at all. I am going again on Sunday morning and hoping to meet a few people.

Couple of quick questions....

What time are people getting there on Sunday?

Is anyone coming from Leicestershire way and fancies driving there together?

I hope people might recognise my car (as shown in my avatar) and will pop over for a chat. Having just joined, how and where do I go to get onto the members stand? If anyone wants to meet up before hand please feel free to PM me and ill send you my mobile number.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan

Welcome to the mad house, this will be my first time at stoneleigh, i'm helping out on the stand and don't really know anyone,  :down: god help us,  should be a good show though, so say hello when you find the club stand, i'd offer some more advise but to be honest i'm just winging it  :d

• Like 2

Just the same for me Dan, like Marto303 my first time meeting everyone, just come along and enjoy yourself, what else can you do :)

Don't be shy - come to the tent and say hello to me, I'm the ugly one with pretzels.  Seriously, everyone is very friendly, just introduce yourself to others on the stand and talk to them about their cars, it's a great ice breaker.  Nothing to be nervous about, you're amongst many friends! :)

Hi Dan

Will be going on sunday, I have gone for the last two years great show. :t-up:

Should be leaving Melbourne (nearish leicester) about 8:30/9 will be texting another member who lives near to see what time hes going.

J

Hi Dan

Should be leaving Melbourne (nearish leicester) about 8:30/9 will be texting another member who lives near to see what time hes going.

J

Just sent you a PM mate...

Danny & Marto, I'd never met anyone before and I live in France. We were in the UK last year when the show was on so I volunteered to help in the tent next to the ugly chap with pretzels.

There was a succession of people coming in to say hello and see if I was more ugly than the pretzel bloke.

This is a very friendly club, everyone will help you as best they can when your car throws a tantrum. There's no snobbishness or elitism. The chaps with the big V8's are just as the same as the chap with the crossflow.

And long may it last.

report back next week how you got on.

• Like 1

I was  a newbie last year - just volunteer, lend a hand, make yourself known and you will have a great time. see you there, James Alexander (Loggologist) 

Hi Dan

Welcome to the club, will hopefully see you at Stonleigh.

There should be a warning on our membership page which states "warning, may contain nuts!"

Hi Dan

J

That'll be me then? Where's the best place for us to meet? Donno Park services and leave there at 9.00am then head south maybe? Maybe pick up Dan on route plus anyone else who wants to tag along

That'll be me then? Where's the best place for us to meet? Donno Park services and leave there at 9.00am then head south maybe? Maybe pick up Dan on route plus anyone else who wants to tag along

I live not far from Hinckley, close to the M69, happy to meet you guys somewhere early morning - I'll send you my number via PM.

My first time too, but if all the posts and friendly reception you get on here is any indication, then Stoneleigh will be great. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks and new friends.

I will be a Stoneleigh virgin also (in a kit car and without the wife anyway), although had the car 2 years the sons dads and lads rugby tour always gets booked at the same weekend and i miss out, but i have just had a reprieve this year (although not popular in house) and i am hoping to join in with the convoy from Cheshire Manchester Lancs and all going from Knutsford.

Looking forward to it and actually taking a tent with view of camping over, so whats the crack at night time - is the barbecue a take your own job or is it just come and buy, also is it advisable to take some booze or is the gathering around a bar?? 

Cheers and hope to meet up with Cheshire lot (some i have met) and everyone else for a great time.

Steve

Steve

There are a few bars around the site but not very close to the camping area. Good idea to bring a few cans and burgers though.

Cheers Ian