Westfield Parts Deprtment - thank you

chris7273

Order a few bits on monday and received them today

Thank you for the quick shipping.

I have to say I have had completly the opposite expierence with them recently and pains me to have to use them again.

I have initiated this topic because i had a bad experience end of last year with incomprehensible delays. The girl i had on the line on monday told me that the parts would leave asap and that s what happened .

I am happy because my car is back on the road and i know what to do next time, first call and ask if all the bits are available and when they can be shipped.

I had 12 week wait for one item, which was sposed to be with me in 4 weeks. Then 3 week wait for another which was spoed to be 1 week, then the item they were sending in the post as compensation for all the delays mysteriously got lost in the post with no tracking available.

I had had good expierence with them before this, however I have now feel the oppositem.

Their customer service is attrocious, they dont reply to messages or ring when they are say they will.

I had a bad issue once, I was at a MOT station and during handbrake test the tester snapped the handbrake cable. It was a Thursday and I was driving to Plymouth, where I park on a steep hill, on Friday morning. I called every 15 mins for 4 hours.

However, this is the only bad experience and many times I've emailed and had a response in an hour with parts ready to collect there and then.

Chaps, we've done this so many times. Lets just say that some have problems getting parts and others don't.... bit like the curates egg.

I rang up a few weeks ago and asked to go on the list for a new MX5 SDV exhaust manifold when they came in.

No problem said Russ

I have paid no money over yet. Today I saw on here that the manifolds were in.

So I rang up and spoke to Gavin, and to quote "I have one here with your name on, what day are you going to Stoneleigh? I will make sure it is there for you, pay us at the show"

Great blokes, just treat them like you expect to be treated :)

Great blokes, just treat them like you expect to be treated :)

i'd second that :yes:

i'd second that :yes:

Thirded for reasons too complicated for me to explain in here tonight.  :yes: 

I rang asking if they happened to have a particular part in (one that I didn't even know for sure that they made, and only dimly remembered seeing in a photo on here a year or two ago).

Turned out it wasn't a production item, but a different version of a standard part that had been made for the Dutch race cars some years back. (Russ's encyclopaedic knowledge of Westfields to the fore).

Give me five minutes he says, I'll ring you back.

Good as his word, I get the call back. "You're in look, I've found the original drawings for the part, I'll have our metal work guy make one for you, if you like"

Not only did he, but he got it made to a tight deadline in time for an event.

Outstanding.

seem's like they are like all of us .

they have good days and then they have bad days !

i have only ever spoken to them on the bad days....

but i will live in hope 

It's not good and bad days.

It's busy days and very busy days.

If they forget it's not too much trouble to send an email to remind them.

I need to back track my statement I made;

One of the parts I ordered was from a 3rd party.

Having just had dealings with this party for something else I believe they are at fault and not westfield.

So Westfield are back in my good books

Thirded for reasons too complicated for me to explain in here tonight. :yes:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I agree too, I enjoy popping over for a chin wag. Russ is run off his feet as Gav's not there at the moment. I keep forgetting her name, but they have a nice young girl working in there now... Just don't let the wife know!