sterilizing motorhome water tanks

wacomuk

How often do you need to sterilize fresh water tanks on motor homes?

And the next question is what's the best way of doing it :-)

There are various products you can get but for all the water system on mine I use Hydrogen Peroxide diluted This cleanse all the nasties but does not leave any taste.

Others recommend Bicarb of Soda. How often depends on several things but I do it anually at least and if I notice any change in quality do it again. 

There are various products you can get but for all the water system on mine I use Hydrogen Peroxide diluted This cleanse all the nasties but does not leave any taste.

Others recommend Bicarb of Soda. How often depends on several things but I do it anually at least and if I notice any change in quality do it again. 

How much do you dilute it Jeff ? and where did you get Hydrogen Peroxide from, something at the back of my mind say hairdressers use it ?

I wouldn't know, I'm a natural old grey haired fella.

something at the back of my mind say hairdressers use it ?

Can be used for hair lightening and tooth whitening... Have you heard of Google Nick? it's really clever and shows where you can get all sorts of stuff :p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

I would definitely NOT advise anyone to start Googling hydrogen peroxide unless you'd like to go on a terrorism watch list in a hurry... ???  :ghostface:

• Like 2

Too late Scott the helicopters are circling the WSCC website HQ as we speak :oops:  :laugh:

We're already on the list for other reasons! :t-up:  :laugh:

I use Milton... easily available.

BTW... I use bottled water to drink and make tea.... cheap to buy the gallon bottles and you can re-fil them to re-use.... and you know its ok....

as Gary says. a shot of Milton...

I thought MIlton was a successful showjumping horse ridden by John Whitaker :d but no problem as if horse meat is good in food it may be good in water

'Milton' (16 February 1977 – 4 July 1999) - even if you wanted to eat horse meat this would be a bit off...

Won over one million in prize money.... !!

Milton's in fresh

Dish washer tablet in waste with hot water, drive to swill around the dump ;)

No smells :)

Can be used for hair lightening and tooth whitening... Have you heard of Google Nick? it's really clever and shows where you can get all sorts of stuff :p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Google may be your friend Pete, but it doesn't seem to be a friend to me  :no:  :p  :cry:  :p

Sounds like Milton may be the popular answer :d