Go pro editing/advice sounds gone abit poor

mitch46

Reason I'm posting is for a bit of advice if anyone can help,

Did a trackday at cadwell on thursday and it was my first time using the gopro.

i'm really impressed with it, i used a external mic recommended on here and the sound is perfect on play back, but on this vid i've edited it with windows movie maker on windows 8 the sound has gone abit patchy if you can tell?

its not to bad but nowhere near as good as the original

Anyone know why? Also what do you use to edit vids with etc?

Here's the vid I've edited

Cheers

Mitch

• Like 1

You got me lol, but the sound is defiantly not as clear

The sound hasn't changed as such, but there's like a tinny patchy sound thats appeared over the top of the original sound if you get me, it's crystal clear on my computer before editing no distortion wind noise etc,

I'll try the go pro editing, i downloaded that on my old laptop and it didn't seem to work very well, but think it might have been more the laptop

Glad you've enjoyed watching it anyway :) was a good day only around 20 cars turned up

Cheers

Mitch

The sound seems acceptable to me. Without seeing screen shots of the editing phases you went through it's hard to know why it has changed from the original.

Have you noticed the distortion on the picture itself? It suggests that the camera is clamped too rigidly to a vibrating component. If I were you, I'd experiment with (a) a different camera location: (b) a more compliant layer between the clamp and the roll bar - and perhaps © some way of supporting the front of the camera to reduce the vibrations.

Cracking drive though :-)

Wow! Great driving and great car!

When using windows movie maker - when you save it as a movie it gets compressed - did you save it on the highest quality settings?

I do my vids straight from gopro to moviemaker to you tube and sound is the same as from camera, I think the bike engined engine note often does sound high pitched, I thought sound was fine  :t-up:  :t-up:

Yeah i've noticed the distortion on the picture, I'm not really that bothered about it tbh as its not to bad, my last camera was mounted not so rigid and it used to get buffeted around in the wind

I didn't check what quality it saved at on movie maker I'll check that thanks.

The sound isn't too bad I agreed its just on the originals is pretty much perfect and clear. so was just wondering why it's changed as all I've done with the editing is crop the length

Cheers

Mitch

Sound did seem pretty good to me - but I did notice the odd 'glitch'. Did you use manual or automatic settings for the export?

If auto - try manual for the sound, and get the bitrate up to 160kb/s, make sure its on stereo (providing your mic is!) and either 44 or 48khz. I have a feeling that for 'web' export, they might drag the bitrate down to 96 or less so you lose a fair bit of quality...

I'm not that good with computers/editing I'll have a play about with the settings etc, I will have done it with auto settings

Cheers for the help and advice

Mitch

Doing some editing tonight so will be sat at the PC - shout up if you want any help!