Wiscombe Live timing

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

See the times competitors are getting in real time here http://www.swtimekeepinglive.co.uk/index.html

Having a quick look through, Barry Slingsby looks like he is fastest beating lots of racing car's, but only practice runs so far.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexander72

• Terry Everall

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• RobC

good old barry blowing them all away :t-up:

good old barry blowing them all away :t-up:

Yep, I was very impressed, it's same as Terry & Nunny at 3 sisters making the racing car drivers look silly. That's why driving a Westie does make you a better driver :d :D

Bunny and I were 3rd & 4th overall yesterday in amongst the single seaters! b******* beat me by 0.01s! D'oh!

Del

Bunny and I were 3rd & 4th overall yesterday in amongst the single seaters! b******* beat me by 0.01s! D'oh!

Del

Sounds like your engine held together then ?

I was 6th fastest and John Hoyle 7th

Well done Del and Gary who had had a great battle

So frustrating. My last run was going super - way faster than previous, then as I entered the 1st hairpin (saw bridge?) - I was over heavy with the gear stick and tried ramming reverse instead of 1st a few times. Run ruined. Ahh well. I'll learn from it.

Loved it - but my competitive nature (even competing against myself) left me annoyed with my last run. Mind you, Pete has reason to moan - a big diversion onto the grass bank at the very 1st corner on his last session but it seems his car is ok ... fingers crossed. 

Some poor lad in an Evo flew into the undergrowth at a massive speed after bunnies leap.

It's a very technical hill - way more so than Gurston. A real test. My head was awash with conflicting ideas of how I should proceed each time. A real challenge! And one that makes you man-up to the challenge. Not a run for the faint hearted! :-)   (as a spectator one thing you don't realise is that you enter the Esses complex blind, and the 1st few bends are blind - but as you get experience - boy is it fun !)

I was the same in my first year in 2009.  1st event and hill was Gurston Down and I caught the bug big time.  The next event was Loton Park and then I really discovered what hill climbing was all about.

Pleased you enjoyed it, it's know as a hill for the "committed" which you can take as you wish :d :D :d

Shame about trying to grab reverse Dodgey, but much better than going off there !

1st Timed run. Not brilliant but hey...

2nd Timed run - faster, for a while... - but then the massive gear change balls-up!

Looking good for your first time! 

I think we all had a great weekend... I smashed my best results by 2 seconds on both days which I happy with... and there was no repeat of 2011 either... which was nice.

my fastest run from yesterday, slightly slower than saturday... would have been nice to go quicker, but I can see where I can take a bit more ;)

Rob

Greta effort and liked the video but if I can say it you need to keep your hands on steering wheel and also not grab it from underneath to get extra lock

You may need a quicker rack or shorter steering arms

What uprights are you using?

front uprights are cortina. Yeah rack is a standard one...