Set your watches back 40 years...

Captain Colonial

...for this cool police car - make sure you watch the short embedded video. :cool:  :yes:

• Like 1

I always liked these when I was a lad.

5845838118_894e0a66b6_z.jpg

Britain's V8 cop car!

my 2nd or 3rd car (cant remember) and paid a fair fee to insure it - loved the big clumsy log of a car

seemed such a quick car for the time

All it needs now is a black transam to chase. 10-4 good buddy :)

Came dangerously close to buying a Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am when I lived in Germany. Then I drove it :o :o :o :o :down:

I had a Morris Minor Police car, now that was cool.

My dad was the equivalent of what's today called a traffic cop, in the early sixties I sometimes got took to school in his MGA police car .

In those days it was kept in the garage at the police house where we lived, he shared the car with a BSA police bike.

He taught me to drive when I was 11 on Southport beach and bought me my first motorcycle an x GPO BSA Bantam for riding over the fields, never not had a motorcycle since !

Southport beach was were I got my first driving lessons , Family hack then was an old ex USAF Dodge ambulance , I was about 8 or 10 as I remember , we used to take turns driving up and down the beach , could just about reach the pedals :)

I once drove from Sheffield to a South coast village to get a fan belt for a friends Armstrong Siddeley. We got to this farm and the chap asked if we wanted to look around. He showed as into dozens of barns where he had Vintage airplane engines and dozens of Armstrong Siddeleys in various states of repair. 

He then asked if we wanted to see another of his car collections. We followed him through tiny country lanes and he pulled up outside a field with waist high grass. We walked through this field to a concrete mushroom building which had, apparently been a chicken coup in the war.

Inside were over 40 American 1960's police cars, a few more Armstrong Siddeleys and a very rare Rover 90 variant (can't remember which)

This building was so huge that this lot were in a corner of the circular building.

Phones didn't have cameras then (early 90s) so I didn't get any photographs.

Wow! :d

My third car was an ex. Police Ford Anglian 997cc. In pale blue, was well worn in and revved very loosely, was the best of my early years of car ownership. Other old timer Police cars I remember were , Daimler Dart SP250 for the motorways, Austin Westminster for the Higher ranks, Minivans fo forensic work in black and even Austin Allegros for beat cars.

I can remember getting stopped by a Wolseley with a big shiney bell on the front valance. No two and blues in those days.

First time I crashed a car was my Dads Rover SD1 Vitesse, very well built car and have great amounts of side impact protection!!

Really easy to get sideways as well........

Was n't there a kit many years ago that converted a Rover SD1 into a Daytona look a like?

First time I crashed a car was my Dads Rover SD1 Vitesse, very well built car and have great amounts of side impact protection!!

Really easy to get sideways as well........

Was n't there a kit many years ago that converted a Rover SD1 into a Daytona look a like?

yes very easy to get sideways, in the wet anyway - not so easy to control though - huge steering wheel, very light power steering and the off centre steering wheel took care of that :suspect::)

My mate rolled his through a fence on the Coldstream road up North. Didn't get hurt but the car was beyond redemption.

Bob :(