Insurance

Tyson

Insurance can be a rip off. :cry:

I am thinking of buying a motorhome and after spending a fair amount of time this afternoon getting online quotes i would like to know how some companies charge so much. :down:

Typed in the exact same information and yet the cost varied from £230 :)  up to £986 :(  

Mine is insured with Frank Pickles, as is my Westfield, if you haven't tried them :)

Part of it's probably due to different insurance companies targeting different markets: the higher priced one doesn't really want your business but will, at a price, insure you...

Mine is insured with Frank Pickles, as is my Westfield, if you haven't tried them :)

Frank Pickles was one of the lower quotes

Try the Caravan Club, you need to be a member to take the quote up and normally are reasonable.

just got my renewal from frank on me v8 and its gone up double to £260

just got my renewal from frank on me v8 and its gone up double to £260

They must know what the roads are like near you. :d  :d

Sounds like a call to A Plan

Another option is parts only road legal insurance which is what I have on my Sprint car. Works out about 30 - 40% cheaper

Well done A-Plan :) Motorhome insurance fully comp £198, well happy with that :d

My renewal for the Westy is on the desk. It's £120.

My motorhome and Westfield are cheaper to insure than it is to tax them :down:  :down: :down:  

Didn't think much of frank pickle's renewal quote that arrived this week. I expect to be changing insurers tomorrow when I start ringing around, but Chris Knott beat everyone else one my Alfa and promised similar when it came to renewing the Westy so we'll see.

Ben

Try the Caravan Club, you need to be a member to take the quote up and normally are reasonable.

How are you privy to such information young man ;-)

• Like 1

Owned a caravan for 7 years now :), love it especially with two active boys.

Nout wrong with caravans :d

I've been a member of the Caravan club for twice as long as the WSCC :o

And I've been in the WSCC for 15 years :t-up:

Likewise spent 20 odd years as CC members when we used to trailer tent , wouldnt go without 'em