Dads old westies

WINGNUT

Damn this phone ill have to wait till u get home and chase it up!

Mr C how on earth did you stumble across the pic

He probably did a Google for the reg...

Think your right Scott that search brought it up!

Dad seen it through link and I just seen it on mates phone, it's definitely had engine upgrade to like Mr C says a bike! When my dad built her she had different wheels and swept wings but that look really really good nice to see its being looked after!

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming its a fireblade?

just got this from the iphone app

null_zpsc2a4e84d.png

I'm sure that yellow one was for sale somewhere not long ago. It was either blade or R1 powered. 

Yea it appears to have been updated a lot but it still has the original nose on and tub! We know this as the sticker my dad put on the nose is still there!

Would be nice to find out where they are just to have a chat with the owners would be nice!

Hi Andrew thanks for that is it worth giving him a bell?

Hi Andrew thanks for that is it worth giving him a bell?

He may be able to give you the details of who he sold it on to? .. must have been a good few years back mind.. five plus, maybe..  If nothing else, him being a photographer, I'm sure he'll have some photos of the car.

Just tried ringing no answer at moment will keep trying though!

Cheers mate

Andrew a big thankyou to you for the cracking pictures and also the contact number!

Left Kevin a voicemail and he rang me back at dinner time today! Such a cracking bloke (as are all the ones ive dealt with since joining the club)

Kevin was more than helpful and told me he had purchased the car from a chap in York, and it was in the original condition as finished by my dad, complete with build diary as well!

Kevin and his dad carried out all the mods since they bought it! He told me what prompted the build was a rather unwelcome amounts of large stones in the road (possibly put there by one of britains finest halfwits) and it was a case of "Do i throw it in the ditch or try and go over them?" drive over them won as it would have with me! Unfortunately this split the sump but Kevin managed to stop her with plenty of oil pressure :d ! The engine was removed and repaired anyway! Caring owners doesnt come into it!

Kevin and his father had decided whilst the engine was out for rebuild to change to bike power! So a R1 engine from a 98 bike fitted with 99 spec carbs was introduced along with uprated brakes and suspension! Interior was changed from biscuit to black and dash to carbon! Swept wings were exchanged for cycle wings, and the original alley cat wheels changed to silver mini lites! From what Kevin tells me this car was then the first bike powered Westfield! Nice to know my dads car had morphed into something thats a craze today through the skill,dedication and imagination of Kevin and his dad!

The old crossflow complete with twin forties was sold on to a caterham owner and the engines is now proudly sat in a caterham trundling round our roads!!  This makes me smile the most as i remember my dad purchasing the kit engine from Rally Tune (sadly no longer in business from my understanding) and building it on the kitchen table which im sure if i dig deep enough in my mind my mum was probably not to pleased about :laugh:

Ah the good old days! Think this was where my boy hood dream started!

Kevin seems to think he may have the number of the gent that purchased it from him, so he is going to have a look and pass it on if possible! (great stuff) And as Geoff said he thought it was for sale not long ago hes right! Ebay apparently according to Kevin it was offered back to him by the owner but he'd already got himself a new one so had to pass which he was gutted about as he was when he sold it. Bit like my dad was i think!

Anyway i hope to here from him soon and see if i can track down the current owner :yes: If anyone has anymore info would be great! (red ones still hiding)

cheers all

Scott

• Like 1