Impressed with the Co-Op Service!

Captain Colonial

The old Bosch washing machine finally died last Thursday morning (to my surprise, it was 16 years old - how time flies).  It was the only time it's ever failed, and it always performed well, so I decided to get another Bosch. I did some research on the Which? website and chose the one I wanted, then did some shopping for it online as well, finally settling on the Co-Op as they would also take away the old one for an extra £10 (the things have a concrete base and are too much for just me to manhandle to the tip, so that's fine by me, bargain).  Ordered it online on Friday morning - would I like it delivered free on Saturday?  Blimey, that's quick, but busy so settled for Tuesday (today).

Last night at 5:30, I got an email and text message saying they would deliver today between 7:00 and 7:30 AM - how specific is that?  What, not wait all day long?  Is this Britain?  So disconnected the old machine just before bed.  Got up and got dressed this morning, went downstairs and opened the blinds at 6:40... and the delivery men were outside, waiting patiently!  New machine in the kitchen, old one out, drove away by 6:45!  Lady MemSec came down at 7:15 and asked if I thought they'd be on time - I blinked at her and just pointed at the new one - she was gobsmacked.

All in and installed before 7:30 AM.  Seriously impressed with the Co-Op.  :t-up:

Spot on service.

You should have fitted the new washer then gone back to bed then acted dumb

Scott, what is this washing machine contraption you speak of?? I will have to ask Debbie....... 

Best not James. If you don't know it's there you can't use it

You should have fitted the new washer then gone back to bed then acted dumb

Acting dumb is a default setting, particularly in bed - she'd never have spotted the difference.

Is the washing machine the one with the round glass bit at the front, we have another one without this which seem to be for crockery storage . ???  ???  ???

Me thinks HM and Lady Memsec would get on really well.

When our friends who lived opposite changed their living room suite when we were away for a few days it took HM a week to notice,

By change I mean it went from a light printed pattern to a plain dark blue.

Another friend changed her hair colour to bright red and she didn't notice.

Thye co-op don't spring to mind as an electrical retailer but when I bought a fridge from them about 5 years ago I too was impressed.

Glad to hear they're not slipping

Good service is still about but we hear more about the bad service than the good. In my experiance John Lewis is superb and they will price match so it costs no more if you look.

Best service I have had this month is Bob Heath visors. Sent picture of my helmet as there was no model number on this AGV/OMP. Two mins after sending picture and Email they emailed back with a request for a certain angle, sent back and again mins after they had an idea what would fit. Ordered at 3.40pm and was with me at 8.10am next morning, perfect fit.

This is nice to read, some good customer service in the UK :) Currently dealing with co op legal regards to uninsured driver crashing into me, and they've been brilliant, kept me in the loop and always happy to help :)

The Co-op has changed since it's first formation but still a good company. What they excell at is funerals where they just seem to get it right.

• Like 1