Speed Series Events - Country Wide

XTR2Turbo

After visiting Gurston yesterday and seeing just one Westfield in the Public car park (very nice FW 12 plate it was too) got me wondering why more areas don't organise a drive out to come along and spectate.

With the exception of MIRA I think all events allow spectating. All events are at a weekend.

Often they are in stunning locations, there is a great range of cars not just Westfields and the competition can be very close.  The weekend events normally include a social event at a pub on the Saturday evening too.

Entrance is normally very reasonable and perhaps we could also negotiate a discount for members turning up in a Westfield.

Anyway hope to see more Westfields coming along and spectating this year.  You are really missing out.

My favourites are the hills such as Gurston, Loton, and Shelsley but Pembrey and Anglessey can be pretty spectacular too.

David

• Like 1

I'm hoping to join the staffs/cheshire crew next weekend

Yep, I usually try and arrange a trip to all SS events in our general area. Threes Sisters the other week, Aintree this week.

Had Nick in touch and we're hoping to sort something special out later this year at an SS event.

But I wholeheartedly agree! Some great spectating to be had, and some good blats out to venues.

Hope to be at Aintree next weekend and as Dave says look out for notice re Ty Croes Weekend 1st September later in the year

...and we go to Harewood Hill - even if El Tel is whale watching on the other side of the world.

Rory's Dad