Back gone.

FILFAN

Have being over doing it a bit this week at work and fitting the cage today. Can't blumin move now :(

Am ok standing up and sat down but if I lay down I ain't getting up in a hurry. Gonna go for soak in the bath not that I will be getting out quickly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• FILFAN

• Terry Everall

• tex

Take some Ibuprofen for 2 or 3 days

Know how you feel, been having trouble for quite a while now, tried acupunture,physio,etc. but been getting relief for a few days now with something I tried out of desperation, now don't laugh it may be physocological but who cares it seems to be helping me, and this magical product is

WD40

Try it what you got to lose, a quick spray and rub it in and see how you go.

I've never had back problems. Until I tore both lower back muscles. Spent 6 month with twice weekly massage thingie.

But it's not right and probably never will be. If I do anything I get back pain. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the strimming around the farm this year.

Should be fun next week as we're supposed to be finishing the porch. Two huge windows to get from the large barn down to the house. I'm planning on lifting them into place with the engine crane.

Hope yours get better in a day or so.

Having hurt my back in the gym (early morning stupidity!) when I was 25 and had periodic trouble since you have my sympathy. Back problems really are deeply unpleasant.

I have a list of issues!!!

What you need is a tempur mattress... And a couple of pretty 18yr olds to to a good deep massage!

Not Mrs C... Her attempts at a therapeutic massage feels like I'm getting attacked but toddlers!

If you have back issues a good thing is a kettle bell. You tube the training, get one about 6 kg and another twice the weight. Have a training partner or mirror to check posture.

Not nursing advice, personal experience. Mrs C throws a 18kg beast about and it's like a wrecking ball on a crane! We have 8kg, 14kg, 18kg and a 24kg. Worked a treat for both of us.

found a tempory cure

2 hours on the lathe in the garage  :yes:

I've never had back problems. Until I tore both lower back muscles. Spent 6 month with twice weekly massage thingie.

But it's not right and probably never will be. If I do anything I get back pain. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the strimming around the farm this year.

Should be fun next week as we're supposed to be finishing the porch. Two huge windows to get from the large barn down to the house. I'm planning on lifting them into place with the engine crane.

Hope yours get better in a day or so.

Dont do it till I get there with my Camera...

I have a camera.  :)

May get delayed a week. Got a call from Linda tonight. Their car has a flat battery - again! I go round at get it started and charged up. Jacob was taken to hospital yesterday, he's got swarf in his eye when using the angle grinder without glasses on.

He's got a huge bandage on his left eye, He has a staircase to fit by Tuesday. I've offered to help but he says it'll be OK

I cut the grass for the first time this year ( well the mower did) my back has now gone into its usual trapped nerve condition. Funnily I spent a while on the lathe yesterday but it didn't help. I wouldn't take pain killers unless its too bad. Your body is telling you its damaged, don't try and do normal stuff until it tell you its sort of fixed. Brufens just mask the recovery, but do ease it whilst you get better. Must be a grumpy old mans syndrome, did I hear Normans had a bad back as well, thats it confirmed.

Morning Norman suns shining and I'm off to Warwick with a skirmish around Stoneleigh to get my bearings from the Uni just a short detour.

Bob :d  :d aches if I sit, aches if I stand, time for a lead injection, bl**** good job I'm not a horse.

I suffer on and off too - just wear and tear.  Had spondylosis in my neck for years and lower back hasn't been great for the last year or so - doesn't stop me doing stuff but it's nagging most of the time.  Doc has always said to me that if you have a bad back, either walk or lay down.  Sitting or standing still are not good things to do.  Seems to work. 

This thread getting like a Saga forum  :)

The first time, when I tore the back muscles was just a matter of time, no problem. The second time was tiling in the corner of the kitchen under the top cupboards. This did one side then did the other stretching into the window reveal. I had to get the house finished so we could move in before winter set in so took Codeine. Maximum dose was 3 per day for 3 days. I was taking 5 a day and for 6 weeks. However when I stopped I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms.