Phew!

Norman Verona

Something hurts on me as well. It's not my brain!

Been up around Darlington area Norman... Close enough? I've noticed that most Brummies think the 7 miles to the M5 is a long way! Then most that I know live in the same area as parents and grand parents and have no desire to live in any other place...

Anyway, glad you're in and dressed. Only low 30's in Mexico. Peeling pretty much everywhere, if I was naked, in the sun, at any point...

Marty, not sure, it was a small brown bird sitting in the tree.

May have been Diana Ross.

Small brown bird...

I was with a Kentucky Fried Chicken out in Mexico!

Stephen, That was true in most cities in the UK. People lived in terraced 2 up, 2 down houses with a small back yard and an outside toilet and walked to work. Work would have been a factory, ship building yard, docks etc.

This started to change after the first world war but was still considered normal until after the second world war.

When we moved into Low Bradfield  Ena opposite us came out as we were leaving one morning. "Ooh, I'm not being nosey, but where do you go every morning". I explained that our offices were at the bottom of Townhead St. where the Playhouse theatre had been. This was on the edge of the city. She exclaimed surprise that we went that far. It was all of 12 miles and would take about 20 minutes early in the morning.

The other neighbour was George, a farmer in his 70s. He had been born on his farm and had never been into Sheffield.

There's me having 5 addresses between leaving home and joining the army... In two towns and a city!

My whole family are all over the place, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, South Wales, I'm in Birmingham, brother's in Inverness... That's the ones in the uk!!! Closest would be aunt and nan, 40 miles apart!!!

Then plan is Dorset, settle for three...ish years and head for Australia! Some of Mrs C's family there, I have uncle/aunt/cousin's in New Zealand.

Oh, walked 7 miles to school every day, girlfriend lived 12 miles in opposite direction and mum worked in next town 30 miles away at the house we lived in longest... 2yrs 7months!

Also had 4 addresses in Birmingham, since July 2008, north, south, north, mid!!!!

Oh, walked 7 miles to school every day, girlfriend lived 12 miles in opposite direction and mum worked in next town 30 miles away

That's the father in law!

Up north ya needed a dog for warmth at night!

Not happy when I replied with "explains the mother in law!"

He drives 25 miles to save 3p a litre in petrol...