2l VX Powered Sei For Sale - Sold!

BigRuss

It is a sad day for me, but due to a new job and the requirement to relocate my family, I am reluctantly offering my Westfield up for sale.

8655245925_76e5f4af56.jpg

The car is a 1991 Narrow Bodied SEi Car with independent rear suspension, and a 2litre Vauxhall engine.

It was originally built and run by Simon Joyce who is a sales engineer at Jenvey. I bought it from him in 2006, just after he had given it a complete strip down, rebuild and refresh.

The car is powered by a 2litre Vauxhall engine with ARP bolts and a ported head giving 174bhp. It is fitted with fuel injection featuring Jenvey taper throttle bodies and an Omex ECU, and breathes into a mocal style catch tank to meet trackday and MSA regulations.

8656351594_dd7cbd7e63.jpg

To get the power down, the car has a lightweight steel flywheel, coupled to an AP racing 7 1/4" twin plate hydraulic clutch and a 4 speed ford gearbox with Quaife straight cut close ratio gearset and top cover. This is linked to a Quaife Limited Slip Differential.

8656350304_ddb367029b.jpg

8655246519_8d69c14652.jpg

Up front there is an SBD bonnet exit 4-2-1 exhaust which has been plasma coated by zircotec, and runs out through a large techcraft re-packable silencer. The car is cooled by a radtec alloy radiator.

8655247661_bdc20df667.jpg

The engine has been moved back in the car to improve weight distribution, which gives plenty of space in the engine bay, and the underside of the car is covered with aluminium sheet which was originally to smooth the airflow but also keeps everything clean. :)

To stop, we have 4 pot wildwood front brakes, and Cosworth calipers on the rear with an adjustable balance bar setup. The car is on compomotive MO alloy wheels, with good Toyo T1-R tyres. I also have an identical spare set of wheels as well

8655245103_6cd36a260b.jpg

The front suspension has rose jointed top arms and rose jointed steering arms.

8655244625_628e6654de.jpg

For comfort, I fitted JK Composites seats last winter. Although the car is a narrow, the seats are surprisingly accommodating, and I can drive it pretty comfortably despite being a fat chap. The drivers seat is on a runner, which doesn't give much adjustment but helped me to get the driving position perfect for me. For safety there are 6 point 3" Sabelt harnesses for both driver and passenger and an RAC style roll bar with removable bracing strut.

8656349588_4345730e98.jpg

The dash is carbon fibre, fitted with a mixture of VDO and Racetech instruments. The small alpha steering wheel is removable, and the quaife gear lever is a work of art on it's own. The pictures currently show the car fitted with a Race Technology DASH3 digital display unit, which is connected to a DL1 datalogger. I was planning to remove and keep these, but I'm sure something can be worked out if you want them. If the DASH 3 is removed, all the wiring is in place for a rev counter (which I have) to be fitted instead.

8655244607_034832dba3.jpg

Sorry- The number of images you can have is limited. More info below.

The DL1 datalogger is fitted at the back of the car for easy access to remove data cards. All the sensors in the car include the data logger, so a large range of interesting variables can be logged, and it can monitor that everything is working okay. I have also fitted a compact PVR25 battery, which has been kept on a trickle charger when not in use. The car has a 17litre foam filled alloy fuel tank with built in swirl pot. Also in the back is a cut off bootbox, which is a bit scruffy but gives a nice storage space for wallet / phone / sandwiches and a thermos.

8655246855_6d324abb35.jpg

Back at the front, the car is currently fitted with a full windscreen, with small racing mirrors, mickmade carbon fibre screen uprights and a carbon fibre screen fillet. I also have a spare scuttle which is all ready to be fitted, and a carbon fibre aeroscreen (which I also have here), so there are both options available. The car has 5 3/4" SVC black headlamps, and fluke carbon fibre indicator pods under the lights.

8655245635_7dd39a2a14.jpg

The car has been great fun for me, and is capable of going far faster than I am brave enough to go. I have used it on the road, at trackdays and also for a sprint and a hillclimb, it sailed through scrutineering at both events. The car has had all of the expensive bits bought, so would be great to easily turn into a comfortable road car, or made even quicker to be seriously competitive in track and sprint use.

It in no way looks 20 years old, and is a bit like Trigger's broom, with most parts being much newer. Hopefully from the pictures you can see that it is in pretty damn good condition, and I take a lot of pride in keeping it nice, however it isn't new and does have some marks. scratches and crazing. I've tried to show the worst marks below, which are on the front arches. I have a spare set of Carbon fibre cycle wings and a new set of stays that I was thinking of fitting but never felt the need, which would take care of this though.

8656351056_095c75a14c.jpg

I've also got a lot of spare parts available if desired, including spare engine, wheels, windscreen, cambelt infill plate, wishbones, diff housing, carbon aeroscreen, fuel pump, carbon cycle wings and cycle wing brackets, a spare scuttle, radiator and some tired spare bodywork (nosecones, bonnets, boot boxes) which I thought might come in useful one day but would need quite a bit of work to come up to the standards of the rest of the car.

A single price is difficult to name because of the amount of spares that are available, but for the car, without the Dash 3 and DL1 I was thinking around £8,000

If you plan to track the car, I also have a Brian James Minno trailer with folding towbar, which fits the car perfectly, and which I am planning to put up for sale once the car is sold.

Thanks for reading this far! If you are interested, I am in Evesham in Worcestershire. My email is russellhocken (at) btinternet.com and my number is 07977 894111.

yhpm

pm on way for trailer

Love the windscreen uprights and fillet in carbon.

Nice car.

Love the windscreen uprights and fillet in carbon.

Nice car.

calm down dear  ;)

I think he's having a crisis!  ;)  :laugh: 

nice car and a lot of car for the ££££ Good luck Russ 

Thanks for the kind words guys. I did well to keep it through a baby and buying our first home, but moving again means I've now run out of excuses.

You have to be quick...predators on here....mail me if trailer becomes available.

Jim

The car went off to a good new home last night.

I'll be listing the trailer and all my remaining spares on a new thread in the parts for sale area in a day or two once I've had a chance to get them all out and work out exactly there is.

Nice one Russ :t-up:  I didn't think it would take long to sell, sad day for you though no doubt  :cry:

I didn't get time to save cash to offer swapping the uprights and fillet for mine...

But quick sell means it was a good car at a good price.

I won't lie, I did have a tear in my eye as the new owner drove it away, but i had a good few years.

The new owner is planning to put the aeroscreen on to use it on track, so the carbon uprights and fillet might be available soon. :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.