Tonneau - Narrow SE

Young Pretender

I'm after a black tonneau for my SE.. So if anyone has one spare please drop me a pm.

Cheers

Mark

Ps how do you actually pronounce this word - tonneau?

• Like 1

I've always pronounced it, and heard it pronounced as ton to rhyme with gone or shone and  eau to rhyme with go, or slow.

Yes that makes sense cheers Dave. I can stop calling it a tony-oh then lol

I always pronouce the last bit Nay, but Tony-Oh sounds much better :t-up:  :t-up:

Tonneau is French for a barrel as in a cannon.

I can't figure out a connection unless early tonneaus were round.

Strictly speaking it's a tonneau cover, so presumably the canons had some kind of soft cover for transport etc?

Sorry Mark, drifting I know, but at least it's keeping it at the top of the list!

That'll be it.

Thanks for finding that but as with most tony-oh's I come across the stud patern (popper pattern) is different to the poppers already on my car.

Does anyone know if there should be a standard pattern for a narrow or not?  Possibly changed over the years?

Probably the easiest route would be contact a local triming company. Went to a local glaziers for a windscreen (thanks to peteg) and paid £18 for a new windscreen - until you ask you dont know.

I think I have one if you get stuck, Have it tucked in a dark recess of the garage somewhere. Let me know if you are stuck and i'll try did it out.

As for stud pattern. I have no idea if there was a standard pattern of if the builder just edid what they wanted.

There are standard arrangements in the build manual, but many use this as a guide only, adjusting positions to get the best fit possible, or to allow for different roll bars etc.

Yeah makes sense..

Timmay, cheers your a gentleman.  I'll let you know if I'm stuck  :yes:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.