Useful Spare Parts

Ripley5000

Only thing to be aware of is the hi-vis vests need to be in the car. You're supposed to put them on before getting out of the car. Gendarmes may stop you to check that you have them and the're in the car.

• Like 1

i think the plan is manchester to plymouth(?)

plymouth (?) to santander

then drive Home through spain, france, back to manchester. (the routermaster AKA wayne Shepherd is planning it)

1600 miles in 7 days

Sounds a fantastic trip John, but keep to the coast in Spain, it can get very hot inland. I once went inland from San Sebastian just below the Pyronees and then cut up through them to Lourdes (don;t ask SWMBO wanted to go there) It was over 40 on the Spanish side before we went up into cool mountains. Not fun in a closed car with 3 kids and NO air conditioning !!!

Not sure I would want to do it in 7 days, but sounds great. We all look forward to hearing about it.

The talk is september.... back the day before my wedding aniversary! how many petrol stations i one man visit?

Bulbs and fuses

first thing in a bag -

1 - tank tape

2 - small bit of metal bout inch wide 6 inch long 3mm thick - ish - makes a great splint in conjuction with item 1  

3 - small bunch of allen keys in a fold out set - handy in the pocket

4 - i keep a tin with spare throttle cable in - has a few wire crimps in pairs (male n female) can be used on throttle cable for clamps in emergency - in the tin also is a selection of fuses 

5 - an old rag - nowt worse than if it breaks and your covered in oil

6 - a good quality multi tool - with proper pliers on - can be used for item 4's electrical crimps.

depends on your car really - id have with me a small selection of spanners that are common - ie 10mm, 13mm,  16mm

id also be warey of losing the odd bolt here and there - stuff does drop off with vibration once in a while.. if its really needed you can sometimes steal one from elsewhere on the car - ie where theres multiple bolts to hold one bit of trim down - pinch one bolt... replace when home.. youll soon get to find which ones drop out - to fix it add some thread lock [just a small drop]

• Like 1

Surgical gloves

Full socket set

Full set of screwdrivers

Full set of spanners

2 x Adjustable spanners

Mini socket set

Long nose Pliers

Vice grip wrench

Tank tape

Tyre foam

Jump Leads

Throttle cable

Clutch cable

Jubilee clips

Cable ties

Allen keys

Threadlock

Syncrometer

Electrical tape

4 pin multiplugs

Crimps

Wire

Ring terminals

Fuses

Bulbs

2 HD Bin liners

Alternator belt

Bolts

Washers

Superglue

Spare magnets

Think that's about it now I've taken the superfluous carp out

Think that's about it now I've taken the superfluous carp out

smells fishy to me!

You may as well tow a spare car behind you.   :)

OMG i just carry my mobile.....

HD bin liners??????? couldnt you go for the lighter weight kitchen bin liners? must save a few ounces there...

is methane heavy? a good fart could save some weight....

......and you still won't have the thing that you actually need :d It's the law..

HD Bin liners are for when it's pi$$ed it down & the seats are truly buckets :d 

Thing I need that's the law??

Sorry, that's sod's law :laugh: (or murphy's)