V8 bonnet

tolf

Any colour V8 bonnet reqd

I have a V8 bonnet I was going to put up for sale £125 collection only. It is a light weight one as well, quite rare I believe. Its in grey primer. It has been used and filled where the bonnet locks were. I've not used it myself and is surplus to my requirements now.

Any colour V8 bonnet reqd

tart :laugh:  it's all my fault :p

tart :laugh:  it's all my fault :p

dont think i helped either

Yes thank you Cleggy!

Hi Adam

Could you send me any pics via pm?

Thanks Ian

dont think i helped either

just a whispering in the ear :d

Cleggy

Dangerous!

b*******!!!!

The V8 bonnet does not fit. Went to see Adam today and shape of bonnet nose and side moulding is different. If I want it, then I need a new nose too.

You got a low line bodywork then?

Low line bodywork.

Oh sod it, I might as well go and buy some new seats instead!

Adam's car has Zk bodywork, i'd assume as tolf's is a wide then it may be the earlier "kit" bodywork.

Highline/lowline was only on narrows :)

Well Mark, it looks as thought I need a new front end of the car if I am to have my V8 bonnet - bit annoying really, but means I can spend the money on different toys...

Well Mark, it looks as thought I need a new front end of the car if I am to have my V8 bonnet - bit annoying really, but means I can spend the money on different toys...

With wide bodywork you should only need a bonnet, it's just a case of making sure you get the right one for your bodyowrk.

The Zk bonnet is easy to identify as it has a very deep return flange on the front edge (25mm or so) and typically attaches to the nose cone with two locating pins. The earlier bodywork however doesnt have such as deep flange or the locating pins and uses a pair of bonnet caches to secure the front edge.

Both standard and V8 bonnets were available for both body types.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.