Suggestion - my Blat list

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

I have a little project that I am looking at to maintain SMS lists for AOs. Its very early, but something might be available via that to allow peer groups to text others in thier peer group. But not high up my list right now I am afraid.

Can we put a disclaimer in the online membership sign-up and downloadable PDF to make this happen, or is it honestly a no-go?

Scott

Must be possible to put a specific opt-in for particular data types (email, address, phone number) into those forms  --  I'll look into it when I get a mo.

I agree John that an easy IT/Web way to manage this would be great.

Currently our manual method should work, and only those opting in get the mobile numbers of the group.

I do think we should emphasise that members are better PMing there numbers rather that posting them on a thread in the boardroom.

A blat group for each area would be good way to encourage members to get together outside of Area Meets.