Suffolk tree pruning expedition

alexander72

O/T but I went down to lovely Suffolk this week to do a bit of pruning at our Secretary's house - Mr David Hussey.  

Weather was great, nice tree's with a great view of the Suffolk countryside... endless brews of tea and pasta for lunch yesterday!  Couldn't have asked for better hosts.

Such is the camaraderie of this club we had a great time working for a fellow Westfield owner and I got to talk cars and I saw the new alloy hubs from westfield - very nice

Cheers

James 

• Like 1

And Devon...

Aj, Cider, Norman... have chainsaw - will travel.... PM me if you need to discuss anything and I would be glad to help.  We have a base in Yeovil so SW is not a problem and we have worked in France, Hungary, Romania, Scotland and Wales.  :d

And you'll get a great job  --  professionally carried out, and nicely cleared up afterwards. RECOMMENDED.

David, thankyou for the kind words, appreciated.  

We are in London next week - dont suppose you could drop a pot of tea round at about 10:30 AM for us could you???  :d

Enjoy the sunshine when it arrives!!

All the best

James 

James, I have a chain saw. The first year here I cut all the ivy of the trees and prunes some of the lower branches. I'll need doing again this year before it get's out of hand.

There's some pictures of the stuff I cut away HERE, about half way down.

The grass will be about knee high by the time I can cut it. I've got a topper on the tractor, it's fine but the grass must be dry otherwise it just clogs up every 5 meters. I did have a Khun side cutter, marvelous cutter but it was old and fell apart. Bit like me really.

We've just had a gas delivery. He always complains about the branches hanging over the drive. I explain they are small and flexible but he says they may damage his tanker. I'd better cut them back during the summer. Pity because they've made a lovely arch nearly all the way down.

This was the drive 7 years ago, it's now almost fully covered.

thedrive.jpg

We are in London next week - dont suppose you could drop a pot of tea round at about 10:30 AM for us could you???  :d

James

Anything for a fellow club member  ;) . Pot of tea will be £1.00. First return rail to London (with "Student Railcard") is ca. £90:00. Taxis in London will be about 50.00. Let me know where you want it  :)

David,  i will pack my flask!!!  Thanks again for the lunch and tea lake we had at Long Springs....

Cheers

James 

I have a chain saw too but I'm not challenging this one...

8704838f6458aea2f8e032cbeb7b300f_zps3148

This big old Beech has already failed once and has a hole in her too. Got another on the other corner and they both have TPOs on them.

Are you allowed to cut trees down without consent.

I understood that they were all protected and needed written permission to cut down. Or have I got it wrong - again!

Some of mine have preservation orders on them, so need permission for certain works but definitely before cutting them down. I can pretty much do what I want with the others. Part of our village is a conservation area and I think that bit has more rules!

Yup, again  :p

Before getting James into my garden I asked the local authority Arboricultural Officer to nip round and opine.

He had a map of TPOs and conservation areas, and was able to confirm that the pruning we wanted James to do was fine  --  in fact, he thought it was a good idea.

And, he left us with a pile of forms in case we needed to prune the trees he was protective of.

Ah, could be as we used to live in the Peak Park and someone cut a tree in the front of his house and was prosecuted for so doing.