Csr cycle wings?

markS

Hi, has anyone put csr type cycle wings on a westfield, and did they look good? I really wanted carbon standard wings but these seem seem harder to source for reasonable money. Also has anyone purchased the carbon ones advertised on piston heads in the caterham classified section for £150.

Thanks

Mark.

Yes and yes, IMHO of course!

Mine were from Carbon Mods, but sadly they no longer do body parts for Westfields so far as I am aware, although they did keep the moulds so that may yet change in the future.

It was a hugely popular mod a few years ago. Seemed like everyone was doing it! :d (Always vaguely on my list of things to do, just never quite get round to it)

If mounted right, some look really good. (I've seen some that just don't look right, not sure if it was simply down to the brand used, or the way they were fitted)

Got some on mine and think they do look good - have re-mounted them recently as they did look a bit funny, as Dave said above...

car.jpg

No 'side-on' pics at the moment, sorry, but I might try and get some tonight if the rain doesn't arrive!

The Caterham wing stays just don't work. Whereas the Westfield wings seem to hug the wheels.

Always been one of those things that looks odd to me on Caterhams; so many, though certainly not all, seem to have vast gaps between the cycle wings and the tyres. I've noticed it more on standard wings than CSR's. I presume it's just a big variation in wheel diameters? And presumably not many readjusting the stays to fit smaller wheels better.

Nice picture BTW Adam, car's looking good  :yes:  :cool: 

so many, though certainly not all, seem to have vast gaps between the cycle wings and the tyres.

That's one thing that bugs me too - hence having to re-fit mine with minimum gap possible while still allowing easy wheel removal.

Thanks Dave, it's getting there!

I did suggest to a senior person at Caterham that they could make supports with sliding tubes that could be adjusted to get a good fit. He just laughed.

So, anyone want to make some supports that have two separate uprights bolted together to the hub and telescopic tubes that can be pinned when the height is set.

Maybe I should make some.

• Like 1

I was going to do that for mine - but I couldn't be arsed. Absolutely no reason for it not to be produced though, would be ideal I reckon!

Probably not enough market to make them at a price that will sell.

I did suggest to a senior person at Caterham that they could make supports with sliding tubes that could be adjusted to get a good fit. He just laughed.

So, anyone want to make some supports that have two separate uprights bolted together to the hub and telescopic tubes that can be pinned when the height is set.

Maybe I should make some.

Motorise them too. Then you could make them "wink" at passing cars. ???

Jen

With winking led lights?