Jet lag!

TAFKARM

After leaving the house at 1pm Sunday UK time, Im finally in Australia. I've managed 4 hours sleep now trying to power through to tonight. It's all very confusing.

Nice and warm though!!

If you think that's confusing, try flying from Sydney to San Francisco. Set off at mid day, and after a 15 hour flight you arrive earlier the same morning...

We only had jet lag once, when flying back from Portland Oregon. Did it many time but only really bad once.

Having done a few three day trips to India with work, I feel your pain!

- First time I went I was opinion jet lag didnt exist and people where just woossy. Three frantic days later, back in the uk later friday night, weekend plans where a write off,

Daniel

So that's were you are I called round to ask about your gearbox but desk was empty!

Spot on Chris! I couldn't be further away from the office!

Currently trying to find somewhere I can hire a v8 ute...

I've done Oz a few times and never had much of a problem - flight is so long you are bound to sleep at some stage.  Worst one for me is UK to west coast USA - flights arrive c. 4pm their time which is already midnight our time and by the time you have been out for beers and food with mates or colleagues it's easily 8am UK time.  Always kiils me for a about 3 days. 

• Like 1

I never had a problem flying West to East, it was coming back and then only once.

I never had a problem flying West to East, it was coming back and then only once.

1984 we used to operate Gatwick to Lax.  To get over fatigue rules etc our company decided it was best to fly to Bangor, Maine (East coast).  Another crew would take over to Lax while we have two days off there by the hotel pool or go wherever we wanted in the (brand new, just for us) Chevvy station wagon (like Bar Harbour etc), fly on to Lax, 2 days off on the beach, go round various film studios etc; back to Bangor and another 2 days exhaustion then back to Gatwick.  10 days away, 6 pretty girls (or boys if you were unlucky!) nice and tanned and plenty of change from expenses...................   Then they sold the aeroplanes so back to reality!

Spot on Chris! I couldn't be further away from the office!

Currently trying to find somewhere I can hire a v8 ute...

Sounds fun, shame you have not timed it for Bathurst, you will also miss the Perth race as you will be back by then!

Any way have a great time