Halfrauds fitting service

pistonbroke

Bernie, the manufacturer doesn't set the retail rate, only the rate they pay for warranty work.

But, they do have policies and procedures in the contract that mean that dealers need, in some cases, more admin people than technicians. This is what puts the workshop labour rates up.

I clearly remember a meeting with  certain manufacturer about developing the computer warranty system (for the dealers). The manufacturer was French and a French chap was briefing us. We then showed him our system. His UK colleague sat there open mouthed as I demonstrated our workshop system. He turned to the Parisian and said, in French, that our system already did most of what they wanted and we could just add the bits that we didn't have. The Parisienne replied that his spec had to be met in full and we would have to rewrite our system to comply. Fortunately Simon & I understood what they were saying. 

The end result was that our customers had to process every warranty claim on the computer manually. In fact, once approved I had built in a software "switch" so they only had to complete 2 bits of data instead of all of it. All our competitors had just written a data entry form to create the claim. It would take about half hour whereas ours was done in less than 2 minutes.  

Is it just me that finds it ironic that the French have a law where everyone has to carry spare light bulbs , yet there cars are about the worst in the world for accessing the lights to change a bulb

I have this mental picky of some old dear struggling under the bonnet trying to do a bulb swap , the gendarmarie watching the entertainment  while sniggering up there sleeves :)

The headlamp bulbs on my S60, particularly the nearside one, are hideously difficult to change unless you have lady hands, very little room to access it and the manual says the bumper has to be removed, so I pay Halfords to do it and enjoy the free contortion show.  Much cheaper than having a stealer do it.

Norman

at one time you walked into Woolworths or M&S ,Boots, or some similar place and they had trained staff behind the counter who served you personally

all was well with the world , very few complaints , most customers happy as they had a human face to deal with plus a superviser somewhere on hand to solve any query that couldn't be resolved by the sales people .

Life was fine :)

Then one day

someone invented the computer :suspect:

bernie, very true.

I also think it's not a requirement to carry a bulb kit, only advised. Of course the AA and Halfords say it's a requirement.

A £16 bulb set is £2.88 from Halfords with a trade card. I still get asked even though "I am in the trade", having already presented my "Halfords Trade card" for discount, if I want them fitting! bl**** thickos working at Halfords. I wonder - if I turn up in an AA or RAC jacket will they still ask me!!!

A £16 bulb set is £2.88 from Halfords with a trade card. I still get asked even though "I am in the trade", having already presented my "Halfords Trade card" for discount, if I want them fitting! bl**dy thickos working at Halfords. I wonder - if I turn up in an AA or RAC jacket will they still ask me!!!

says it all about halfrauds customer rip off service !

bernie, I don't see it as a rip off more like poorly trained staff on minimum wages.

Indeed, and the trade card gives you a window on how little they make on many of the (non-own brand) product lines they sell.

You have really shocked me guys....I`m :( in Halfords all the time.

Never buy anything and can never find what I want though.

Like B&Q there success is due to having everything you want under one roof rather than price.

I get my Mobil One oil there as it's difficult to find elsewhere.

Oh, and I will get another exterior mirror glass when over in May. French drivers who drive down the centre of the road have broken it twice.

Like B&Q there success is due to having everything you want under one roof rather than price.

I get my Mobil One oil there as it's difficult to find elsewhere.

Oh, and I will get another exterior mirror glass when over in May. French drivers who drive down the centre of the road have broken it twice.

Food for thought Norm! Why not convert your barn to a Halfords then that owl will move on! LOL unless it can fit bulbs cheap :d:laugh:

Some of the bulbs on my Alfa 156 are a right pig to change. Man pride and sheer tightness still prevents me from going to halfords to get it done, but I wouldn't change the bulb for someone else for the price halfords charge.

There are often some very good deals in halfords, especially if you reserve on-line then go in and collect. I recently bought a top of the range rear sprocket for my mountain bike. List price was £85, halfords were doing it for half price (£42.50) , or a bundle deal where if I also got a can of GT85 it was £38!! 

Ben

Wingnut, I value our owl far more than that. Not sure if it can fit bulbs but it sure is full of S***.

I've done a few big jobs for people for nought. I'm not doing anymore as they only expect me to do all their work and for nothing. 

I dont see what's fair about selling a tuppenny halfpenny bulb set for £16  or 1 bulb for £9.99 , I dont see whats fair about B7Q selling screws , nuts bolts etc.  at over inflated prices , just because its all under one roof ?

At one time they were cheap , but then they had competition from the small traders who couldnt compete on price because of the power of bulk buying , just like others giants , as soon as they had gobbled up the small traders and forced them onto the dole Q ( thats the Q in B& Q BTW ) up went there prices to the inflationary level they are now .

Sorry but every time I walk into these places I feel like I'm being mugged  :arse: