I know we've done this before, - Galaxy Tab 2 or Ipad?

Norman Verona

OK, thanks

As you wanted a keyboard why not just buy a small laptop/web book, a whole lot cheaper than the iPad and Galaxy thing.

No idea. I just mentioned to my son and co-director that the phone was costing a fortune and never used as a phone, only access to the net and he said I should get an Ipad or a Galaxy.

As the cost of the Galaxy will be 5 months of the phone it sounds good value to me.

I did also cross my mind that if you were going to use a keypad and mouse all the time you might as well buy a laptop?

I have given that some thought. The Galaxy will allow me to take it with me (without the keyboard) when we go out. The keyboard is only when I'm using it to access here and post all the rubbish I spout.

HM has a lappie and we wouldn't think of taking it with us when we go out.

You are right to get a keyboard for posting here etc.  Touch screen is no use for extended typing. You spend half your time correcting errors. It drives you nuts.

I spend more than half the time correcting errors, and that's with a keyboard!   :)

Just to be different, my wife bought a Samsung tablet at christmas and I HATE THE DAMN THING, difficult to use, keyboard is a nightmare, seems to do what it wants. Probably me not knowing how to use but will never find out because I have vowed NEVER to use it again (and stubborn pride now means there is no going back).

There is nothing on a computer/tablet that cannot wait until I get home to the laptop/desktop.