I know we've done this before, - Galaxy Tab 2 or Ipad?

Norman Verona

Think.....wine......think......wine.....can't rush a Good thing...

Waiting until May as I'll be in the UK then and will save all the postage costs. If I get it here it will have a French keyboard (AZERTY). Yes the company will pay for it.

If it's ordered on Amazon UK it will come from France with a French keyboard.

Anyway the phone contract doesn't end until May. We run a very tight ship, which is why we've been in business since 1982.

Norman

I'm from near Brum and as balance its Galaxy Tab all day every day for me :d  :yes:

I have a bluetooth keyboard that I use if doing a lot of typing which sits in my case and just £25 off amazon - I know a few folks with ipad and tried out options before purchase I really don't like the way the ipad/apple locks you into stuff (even though I do like my iphone) what also swung it for me was that the samsung came with photo-shop touch and I can also slot in micro SD cards without some adapter hanging out the bottom great for watching films and doesn't use up all the memory I have 3 x 32gb memory cards that drop straight into my tab, one for films, one music and one photo's.

I can't see any benefit in buying into the Apple brand - both have more than enough apps, speed, portable etc etc but the Samsung has far more flexibility :d

As a user of both... GT2 for work and iPad at home, I much prefer the iPad :) it's faster to load when turning on, easier to use, more intuitive in it's operation, the keyboard/touch screen is better, it's not as heavy and the battery life is better.

I struggle to think of anything the GT2 does better than my iPad for everyday use :)

All IMO

Norm

We have both.

Samsung I bought because of an offer on price we already had an iPad 2.

The iPad is the better machine but the Samsung is good value, it does what it says on the tin.

I notice A difference with video download in that the iPad does not buffer as much, I have a very slow broadband as at a max line length for broadband.

Considering I came from android had HTC phone I still found the Samsung not as intuative which is not the case with iPad. Bought my Dad an iPad last Christmas ( he is 80) he has not put it down he swears by it.

I know have an iphone5 so I am prepared to consider both but in my opinion is they will both do what you want the Samsung is cheaper but I think I would still go for iPad unless you want to add on things as you can expand the Samsung.

Not sure this helps, I am pleased to have both as some Apps run on different platforms

Thanks all. Good info.

To be honest, all the things that you say the Ipad is better at aren't of much interest to me. I just want access to the net which I can move around with. As I said I currently hav an android phone on a keyboard/screen dock which I use for this.

Then we are decided....thank goodness for that....open that wine bottle Norm...

Indeed, when your already familiar with Android, given no killer app pushing you to either device, it would seem to make most sense to do just what you are, and stay with an Android tablet.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, my thinking exactly. My lad says Samsung as I wouldn't get on with the Ipad. He's was an Iphone nut but has gone of them and now has a Samsung. Well he also has an Iphone, and a Galaxy Tab and a Ipad and a high spec HP lappies and ....... you get the picture. He's a big disappointment to me - he reads Microsoft Programming manuals in bed.   :)  

I think the most useful computer device I ever had was a Psion Diary. 

I have always avoided  apple products , my kids bought me an apple ipad mini for my 70th  a few days ago, I set up an itunes account which is the first requirement before you can even switch the thing on!! Set up a new different email account so it's not bogged down with junk mail. So far so good, take out the miniscule instruction card and there are 3 web site addresses for support and manuals, every one is actually a sales promotion from some bloke called Jony with middle age stubble wearing a vest. At this moment I would happily change it for a 13in windows 7 laptop, I will find the info some where, I just do not have the unlimited spare time or interest the youngsters commit to these Quote " life changing products" Unquote.

Have you considered the Google Nexus?

I have an iPad, and I would have recommended it , but I won't now for 2 reasons:

1) The pricing gulf between iPads and Android tablets is now stupid.

2) The moment Apple pulled Google Maps from iOS to force us to use their inferior mapping app I took the attitude that they can fek off. The cold hard truth it whatever apps you become reliant on, on an iPad, it takes one second for someone at Apple to pull it.

Right, now after a mind boggling boring 4 hours using the old method of " hit every button to see what works" I have all the bits working that I need to use, like Norman I dont need 3 million apps or to speak to another 3 million people I don't know, I was also given an app store voucher. Interesting the amount of apple product they expect you to buy, they even expect you to buy the instruction manual cannot imagine it being of any practical use. However rant over, ipad will be very useful away from home and holidays, pity it can't make a phone call.  

Iain, I thought you could fit a sim card into these devices. The Galaxy can have one or without and WiFi.

The Sim card slot on the iPads is for mobile data only. On the Android tabs you can also phone I believe.