Famous People You Wish Were Alive Today...

echoz

Just been watching/Listening to live Bill Hicks Performances for the last couple days, and was thinking it would be ace to hear his views on the world of today! A Genius he was :laugh:

So who would you like to see alive from yesteryear?

:)

Perhaps they would be thought of differently if they hadn't died, but it would be interesting to see what else they would have achieved. To that end the first two that came to mind were Senna and Kurt Cobain. There are quite a few other grand prix drivers I'd wonder what could have been and what it would have meant for those that filled the gap.

• Like 1

I'd like to see my Dad, Robin James Alexander, BTRDA Trials Driver in the 80"s..... never famous but died aged 42 in 1987.....  I miss him every day.

Colin MacRae would be the other person :-) 

• Like 1

People I would have liked to meet, have a meal with, spend an hour or two chatting:

Winston Churchill

Lord Louis Mountbatten

Lady Edwina Mountbatten

Tazio Nuvolari

Field Marshal Alanbrooke

Harold Wilson ( a very underrated PM - He created the Open University and kept us out of Vietnam)

Duff Cooper.

Harold Nicholson

Vita Sackville West

A few more, but that'll do for now. 

me dad so i could say sorry and i love you

• Like 1

Marco Simoncelli.

would of made world champion .

only the good die young.

Graham Hill, such a funny man.  Any one see him on Call My Bluff?

Peter Ustinov - such an intelligent and funny man.

Can I join you with Peter Ustinov?   You can join me in my list.  :) (sounds like a Dylan song)

Steve, I strongly suspect that he knew that.

Can I join you with Peter Ustinov?   You can join me in my list.  :) (sounds like a Dylan song)

Steve, I strongly suspect that he knew that.

probably norm  but we didnt speak for years and it really knocked the **** out of me when he died

I had a similar situation with both parents. After my Dad died I realised the problem wasn't him but my mother who was working him like a puppet. I'll never know if my mum was evil or stupid but she tried really hard to break Lynne and I up when we were first married. Every reconciliation we instigated she would get my Father to start an argument and she would storm out. We never saw them for years and they missed out seeing their grand kids grow up. 

I have come to terms that there's nothing I can do about it now, I made a big mistake and must just get on and accept it.

Absolutely no question, one name came straight to mind, Bobby Moore.

I would like to bring my mum and dad back, but they are both out of pain, and both together again after seven years apart - to wish them back would be selfish in the extreme when I have such wonderful memories I can access any time.  They worked hard to earn their peace.

• Like 1