ultimate kids toy?

tex

I built a Tot Rod for my son a couple of years back, hopefully here's a link to a few photo's. I don't have any recent pictures but it now has working headlights, red vinyl seat and a few scratches on the body work! It has a top speed of a whopping 5mph but he is only 4 and he loves it!                                                          https://picasaweb.google.com/102436259235034659009/TotRod#

• Like 1

The Tod Rod rocks!!! Jay.Perry your creation looks fantastic! How long did it take to make? How much did it cost?

Jay,

I see Dragon's Den potential!

I can't imagine a father anywhere not wanting one!

Thanks for the comments, the main cost was the body which was about £140 and is a fibreglass replica of an Austin J40 pedal car from the 50's and 60's. The original pedal cars fetch about  £1500 - £2000. The mobility scooter(s) were donated by the father in law, so i just had to buy a few bits and bobs like  4 new tyres, steering wheel and column and paint and stuff. It probably cost me about £230 all together, and took me about 6 months grabbing an hour or two in the garage at weekends and after work.

Only trouble is it won't be long until my son is too big for it then i'll have to paint it purple, pass it down to his sister and replace it with something!

I think i'm gonna need a bigger garage!

Jay, whereabouts in Sheffield are you?

We lived in Low Bradfield before moving here. My son lives in Stocksbridge and daughter is at Malin Bridge. 

Hi Norman, I'm at Wadsley Bridge, 2 minutes from the Wednesday ground, been here all my life! Normally end up heading out Bradfield way if i go out for a short run with the missus. Remember seeing your car parked in the Horns car park a few times. Am i correct in thinking you were friends with Mick Windle?

Got it in one. Mick and I were out drinking most nights.

We were season ticket holders for the Owls for 14 years.

We'll be over during the last week of May. Will be at the Gardeners at Neepsend at least one night in the week if you fancy a meet. I'll give you a shout nearer the time.

I used to do a bit of work on saturdays with micks son in law, and helped him re roof p and w's garage roof at neepsend. Not seen him for a while now.

It would be good to meet up with you.