Surfboard in a Westy

james_swimmer

Depends which way I mount the board i guess, concave face up with the nose of the board at the rear (where all the curvature is) will create downforce, concave face down will create low pressure and uplift as on an airplane wing.

My biggest concern is how much board is hanging over the front of the screen, as this will create uplift forces on the screen from the wind flowing over the screen. 

Fortunately as a structural engineer I have wind analysis software at work, so can estimate forces.

I understand you're a bit of a 'weight weenie' (what they're called in the cycling world)? With the boards on upside down at 80mph mine might be lighter...(well exert less vertical force through the tyres!)

I'd just be careful of putting to much load on the windscreen; they've been known to crack just from  passengers leaning on them getting in and out...

Doug D has benn going surfing with his Westy for donkeys years. Oi Doug!

i'm suprised doug hasn't found a way to get the board on the push iron :o  :laugh: