putting a dvd onto an Ipad? numpty question

JeffC

I bought swmbo an ipad mini and was wondering if its possible to somehow get a few dvds (we bought the lost box set ) onto her ipad, would be ideal to watch while on the plane for  when we go on holiday ? Im thinking with copyright and that sort of thing it isnt going to be straight forward or even possible?

As you know im pretty much useless with anything electectronic so if its possible would need detailed numpty instructions how to do it   :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

tia  :t-up:

• Like 1

you'll need to rip them to your pc or apple computer first them encode them to mp4.

very long winded and encoding from DVD to MP4 will take ages.

As for programs no idea sadly these days, but you could use DVDfab http://tinyurl.com/cmqp3kb all in one ripper and convertor

???

Hope this helps Jeff

Hi Jeff.

I downloaded a piece of software to convert video files and it converted DVDs into the right size and format for iPads. I put a load of our disney DVDs on it for our flight to the US last year to keep our 4 year old busy!!

I'll find out what it's called later and post up the link

You can load them...

Oh, just watch this...

I'm finding YouTube as resourceful as google now. I know how to do things, but find explaining them does not alway work out. But you can watch the YouTube clip on iPad mini while doing it stage by stage.

Jeff, if it has a USB socket, why not THIS

Good idea Norman, but you would need this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B1LCWLC/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1364720382&sr=8-8π=SL75

And I'm unsure if the iPad would be able to read a DVD, however I have a iPad-USB converter and a USB DVD drive... Give me a bit and I'll try it.

If you have a PC dvdfab is excellent. I use it for ripping 3d blu rays. For converting a DVD to an mp4 it's a doddle to use.

There are plenty of free ways to do it but dvdfab really is fool proof

I regularly covert DVDs to watch on pc or Ipad/pod

you need to bits of software MakeMKV and Handbrake.

The fist reads the DVD and converts in a readable file on your hard disk the second will then covert the file into a variety of formats. Basically the highest mp4 format your device will support.

It takes a while, the faster the cpu the better. If you want ant more specific info drop me a PM.