Commercial motorhome insurance with multiple drivers?

AdamR

Hello all,

This is pretty odd, but I know the WSCC seems to have a wealth of knowledge about random stuff :d

I'm looking to get a motorhome / campervan (LWB Sprinter / Crafter conversion type thing) for my business, with either multiple named drivers or an 'open' policy for anyone over 25 with no claims. Problem I'm running into is insurance - nobody seems to offer cover on a company-owned motorhome of any sort.

I'm thinking there must be a way as you see all these posh RVs etc at shows - does anyone know of any companies I could try? I've done the usual Google thing to no avail...

Cheers in advance!

Adam

Have you spoken to Clare at A-Plan?

I didn't speak to Clare, but have rung A-Plan - they won't touch any motorhomes owned by a business or for commercial use unfortunately :(

I will not mention the name of the broker who happily took my money to insure a motor home for business use. when i wanted to make a claim they all ran like ****. so be very carefull if you do find someone to insure it. same goes for camping clubs, sites etc. nobody wants commercial business?

Hmm - well that sounds like a sticky situation! What did you do in the end Marty?

Yeah, they could probably charge a(n even more) stupid premium for it, you'd think someone would offer it...

Adam, have you tried the caravan club?

I had to do something naughty and look after myself. the caravan club will not let you on their sites if you even mention the words trade business or commercial.

I can only imagine that people just insure as normal and hope for the best.

Not fhe best way imo but who knows.

I had bitter rows with the cc over their rules, and cancelled all my insurance policies with them.

Car house caravan breakdown , the whole nine yards. ps tey were not the brokers refered to earlier.

Hadn't thought of that Norman - however it looks like it won't work either from what Marty has said. Thought of a chap I can ring who may have some ideas... If anything crops up I'll report back!

Edit: Got a possible lead but it sounds like it might need to be via a traders policy... Which I don't think will work in my case. But, I'll investigate anyway.

Adam try one of my best mates if it can be done he's the man to sort it.

Justin Fear 01278451451

If Justin can't do it - I can - ex broker for ten years in the city - cirrosis of the liver to prove it.....  PM me and I will have a look at it for you.

Marty,  happy to talk you through the underwriting process anytime mate - might need a few ciders first mind  :p

I would need to of had more than a few ciders to listen to that crap for more than 30 seconds James, Not interested in how its done , just can it be done. PS thanks for PM will answer soon. :)

No worries Marty - it can be done, just need to talk to the right market with the right agent....t'aint rocket science.... :t-up:

AdamR, 

I have a fleet policy (commercial) for  tree contracting across the UK. Any driver rover 21, towing too, unlimited mileage, £150 excess, 4 vehicles and I pay £1624.00 per annum 

Norwich Union Fleet - placed via Cameron Yeo @ Trust Insurance Northampton

Or I would call Tony Madden @ Miles Smith PLC in Birchin Lane - you will find him in the Lamb at leadenhall between 11 and 5 most days :-) 

HTH 

James