F1 Trip

Scottish Bloke

Lisa and I fancy doing a Grand Prix this year, we're looking at taking the van to make a bit of a roadtrip of it, probably be away for about a week. We both quite fancy Spa, I've been before but just had a day ticket, we'd be doing the three days.

I did Silverstone last year and booked campsite via campingf1, they were pretty good and also do Spa campsite.

Does anyone have any experience of alternate places to stay and where to buy tickets. Tickets via F1 website are £430 each, a little cheaper via campingf1, they offer a 5% discount.

I'd be interested to hear of where anyone else has been recently, may also consider flying, Barcelona?

ty croes :yes:

• Like 1

I went to Barcelona a few years ago, I think it was F1 Tours, we caught a coach from London Victoria at Midday and was at hotel the following lunchtime, quite a few good areas to view inside the track but purchased a grandstand seat, good trip and sunshine.

Alternatively Le Mans Moto GP would make a good van road trip, you could always pop in and see Norman afterwards ?

For that money I would want to be driving!

I and few others are off to monza this year, driving down leisurely accross some good roads making it there for the 3 days. Can't remember how much have paid for tickets though, will check

Personally I think F1 doesn't cater well for spectators.

I was at Spa last year and although a good circuit the facilities were very poor for the cost.

As a spectator there is other motorsport I'd rather see.

If you want F1 I have heard good reports about Budapest circuit.

David

I didn't go to the circuit Rich but went to Budapest a couple of weeks ago. Great city and not expensive once you'd there.

The spectators are needed to be cash cows to pay the fees, daughter was in malaysia for the GP. £80 ticket with Grandstand at the end of the main straight for all three daysbut, they search you for food and drink going in and them rip you off for everything you need. Great experiance but you need deep pockets which ever track you go to.

I looked at Monaco and for less than going there I could have flown to see the indy 500 and had a week away as the stadium there does not need to empty your pockets