seems fingerman is up his own arse

SteveD

I think they also have a private radio circuit as well as the public one that's broadcast. We'll never know what was said to him over that.

I doubt you can be a successful F1 driver if you're not 100% competitive in everything you do. It's just that some go a bit too far but that's the nature of the beast.

No, pretty sure all radio is broadcast, but it's just select messages that F1 choose to broadcast. Ted was saying that he was listening to the full Rosberg/Brawn debate but not all was broadcast. Same reason that the teams have 'coded messages' aka Multi-21.

OK, stand corrected. However I'm sure the little dwarf chappie said they have another radio which is private.

Ah, just remembered his name - Jordan. Have they got rid of him? Haven't seen him this year.

I think the drivers should just drive, what'd the point of being the best if they are going to be held up by politics . . it's a race not a chat show  :t-up:

BUT THEY ARE IN A TEAM which also needs to do well to get funding etc. They are all trying to win the championship not just a single race and you need a team of mechanics, manager to prepare and look after the car including engine use etc The team works out the strategy for tyre wear and management as well as who comes into the pits and when. Its called teamwork.

Its not an amateur competition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the radio front I understand it's all there for FOM to broadcast. The teams circumvent this by dropping in a few choice swear words when required. Not too often though hence the 'multi 21' type calls.

BUT THEY ARE IN A TEAM which also needs to do well to get funding etc. They are all trying to win the championship not just a single race and you need a team of mechanics, manager to prepare and look after the car including engine use etc The team works out the strategy for tyre wear and management as well as who comes into the pits and when. Its called teamwork.

Its not an amateur competition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sponsors only give so much money because the drivers create a race worth watching . . . if the teams are going to create a procession where one team member dutifully tucks in behind their colleague then viewing figures are going to drop . . . the last few laps on Sunday was great racing and well worth watching which is unusual for F1 these days.

I think the teams have to allow the drivers to compete with each other, it's what racing is all about isn't it ?

F1 and some other race series have always had team orders where the guy doing best was given the best car and allowed to pass his teamate to get most points. Been loads of examples of that in the past and seen on the tv

Even Michael Schumacher managed it in 1999! Although Don di Montezemolo had to twist his arm somewhat to be there in the first place :d I'm sure he wasn't at all pleased that Irvine fluffed it in the end...