seems fingerman is up his own arse

SteveD

Soooo, is F1 a team sport or individuals racing against ech other? Only when that is decicded can a judgement be made as to the rights and wrongs of team orders.

BTW, I agree think Vettel is an arrogant dangler!!!!

Soooo, is F1 a team sport or individuals racing against ech other? Only when that is decicded can a judgement be made as to the rights and wrongs of team orders.

BTW, I agree think Vettel is an arrogant dangler!!!!

Yes they need to pull there finger out and get it sorted because today's "race" , was a farce.

There's a bit of Vettel bashing going on here and, whilst I agree, he can be an arrogant s***e, the man can drive! Would some be so vocal if it were, say Button..?

Webber KNEW Vettel was coming at him even after team orders that's why there was that (IMO) excellent piece of racing from them both! If Webber thought that Vettel was driving dangerously he should've just let him pass and suffer the consequences at the team debrief .. but he never!

To be honest, I'm enjoying the passion all the drivers are showing this season already, in a sport that's often described as boring many..

they can all drive thats why there in f1 , put any one of them in a red bull and they would be quick to ,i dont think he's that good just in a good car

I've not seen it here but on other forums people will jump on Hamilton just as quickly.

F1 absolutely is a team sport. The drivers are simply the star players for the most part. Back in the days of Moss etc beig told to give up your car wasn't unusual.

Edit:

Steve - I'd both agree and disagree. I do think most of the drivers on the grid could win in a winning car. However there are a few that are a cut above and I think Seb may be one of them. While I've no doubt the team is (heavily) geared toward him he has still won 3 world titles to Webber's handful of victories. The margins in F1 are just so small now it's near impossible to prove such things without the mountains of data the teams have.

In my opinion there are three really great drivers out there at the moment, Hamilton, Alonso and Vettle. Button is good when the car is perfect but those three are so far above as they can take crap cars and make them win especially Alonso. And yet all of them have flaws which is to be 100% selfcentred it is a falw that makes them win. Vettle has had the good fortune to have a great car and has made few mistakes that have cost him too badly. It is the consistancy that makes him better than most. Alonso for example threw his race away by not coming into change the nose, had he have done so he would have been able to carve through the back markers easily.

In my opinion there are three really great drivers out there at the moment, Hamilton, Alonso and Vettle. Button is good when the car is perfect but those three are so far above as they can take crap cars and make them win especially Alonso. And yet all of them have flaws which is to be 100% selfcentred it is a falw that makes them win. Vettle has had the good fortune to have a great car and has made few mistakes that have cost him too badly. It is the consistancy that makes him better than most. Alonso for example threw his race away by not coming into change the nose, had he have done so he would have been able to carve through the back markers easily.

3 yes inc kimi

hamilton ?  what has he done on a regular basis that warrants the term "great"   unless you count press pages.

I agree with Jeff. Hamilton was messed up by poor management and pit crewing at McClaren. He's doing much better at Mercedes with a new car that will get better.

team orders at red bull were given way too early IMO so they have in part caused the issue

why should webber have the right to win the race when he is ?

a. slower in the race

b. behind on points in the championship

• Like 1

3 yes inc kimi

hamilton ?  what has he done on a regular basis that warrants the term "great"   unless you count press pages.

Sorry forgot about KImi, he is another who is in that top elite. As for Hamilton, he has ability that is natural but as Norm says he was let down at McClaren and certainly once his dad was let go it went wrong, but he is a world champion in a car which was not the best at the time. But all four of those drivers take a car and wring every ounce of performance consistantly out of them, when others say they are undrivable.

I think he was let down by McLaren myself ;) I've seen it suggested he was let down by MacLaren too buy I wasn't aware he had kids.

Have we forgotten that team orders were to keep a pace that preserved tyres and also engines!

Thats why the call was 21  ie. Weber first and the idiot 2nd

Apparently Mark is considering his future position

Team mates ???????? glad Vettel is not in my team

I suspect things will, on the surface at least, go back to how they were before the race and Webber will see out his contract. It would of course be most amusing should Webber be in a position to hand the world championship to someone else come the final race, e.g. Let Alonso through and block Seb hard.

Sorry forgot about KImi, he is another who is in that top elite. As for Hamilton, he has ability that is natural but as Norm says he was let down at McClaren and certainly once his dad was let go it went wrong, but he is a world champion in a p which was not the best at the time. But all four of those drivers take a car and wring every ounce of performance consistantly out of them, when others say they are undrivable.

I can't see how blaming your failure on someone else makes you a " great " ?