Cat D write off

Petemac

Sounds similar to my issue where they "wrote it off" and sent out letter. In mine it inspected in a salvage place, two days after it arrived in Westfield. Then showed as Cat D. After 12 weeks of calls, email and letters it now shows as clear, as Steve provided. I was worried that if I went to sell I would have to declare Cat D... But officially it never was Cat D. Although I had letter informing me it was and an offer, I declined the offer and it was repaired. As Norman said, 83600, must use someone other than DVLA.

All that matters is it is not a Cat D and yes, hit head on/repaired by Westfield. Hit offside rear/repaired by Westfield. Offside curb damage/repaired (almost) by Westfield.

Admit was a ball ache to get them to correct their mistake.

Tony (exboeingboy), I'm guessing it was marginal repair for myself. But try texting your registration to 83600, is £1.50... But I had a massive relief when mine didn't show as Cat D anymore. I just wish I kept the screen shots to put on here.

Sorry, just people saying what happened didn't happen.

Stephen, I'm not sure if you are saying that because the manufacturer has repaired the car it affects its status.

The insurer can elect to sell a damaged vehicle for salvage irrespective of it's repair costs. It would then be a "write off"

I've seen some very strange decisions by insurers when deciding to write off or repair a vehicle.

No, not saying a Cat D is wiped due to who repaired it. Was just saying my 3 repairs have been carried out by the manufacturer. If not for Mark Walker my car would've been a Cat D, he convinced them to fund the repair. During which time it was showing as Cat D, then changed to nothing. Was best £1.50 ever!

Move on now?