Car security ?

SlowPoke

Fitted an immobiliser for the IVA (rhino one) which cuts ignition and fuel pump. The steering is unlocked, on my other kit car had a simple  FIA ignition key and it foxed a local garage when I took it in for an MOT (obviously wasn't listening when I told them where the key went). I know that kit cars are rarely stolen as they are hard to get rid of quickly which most of the car thieves want to do. They are also easier to trace back to owner (who here could describe at least 1 feature of their car which is unique).

A note on headphones, I really don't think you would have any problems with the in-ear type as they don't block out outside sounds like sirens etc. and I use mine for hands-free phone when in a normal car. My phone plays music and automatically stops it when I get a call. I found hands-free only useful when stationary anyway (usually stuck in traffic - to tell people where I am) and never in the westfield for two reasons: 1) the Norman reason ie "I'm in my westfield have a good time so bog off!" 2) You can't hear anything above the engine/wind noise anyway! 

Paul 

Hi car kept in garage always has conditioner running. Ignition lock still in place but no wiring. Fitted start button more because I could (upgradeitise) rather than because I needed to. Fitted immobiliser so pushing button would not start car for safety; grandkids like pushing buttons. It  kicks in after 30 secs of switching off engine isolates three starting circuits, so all buttons dead until reactivated with fob. Just use alarm in public places after finding kids in car at supermarket. 

I have to admit it feels cool to press button rather than fiddling round under dash with keys.

Meakin, was this a typo and should have been "Normal" or did you men me? I don't have a problem other than I don't have a Westfield.

the Norman reason ie "I'm in my westfield have a good time so bog off!" 2) You can't hear anything above the engine/wind noise anyway! 

Last few tin tops have had starter buttons - I do kinda miss it in the Westfield now, doh :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead::westy::d

Meakin, was this a typo and should have been "Normal" or did you men me? I don't have a problem other than I don't have a Westfield.

Sorry should read "I'm in my westfield/caterham so bog off!"

I'm never into the westfield/caterham argument we're all "enthusiasts" (weirdo's) in my book  

Paul

OK, 

I'm in my Caterham so bog off.