Mickmade carbon half doors; finally fitted!

dave_t

After having had them for about 3 months, I found time at the weekend to finalise the fitting of the carbon half doors I got from Mick :)

They are a great, well made bit of kit :cool:  ... and do the trick of helping minimise the wind buffeting around the side (if my short blat yesterday afternoon is anything to go by).

I've attached them with rivnuts and bolts ... as I want to be able to remove them relatively quickly, if needed.

IMAG0486_zps2beeb9f3.jpg

I think the clue is in the title:

Very nice! 

I'm tempted to get a pair of these after a few drives out in the wet, I need mine removable without the use of tools though as I only just about crawl out of the car as it is now with a roll cage.

Very nice! 

I'm tempted to get a pair of these after a few drives out in the wet, I need mine removable without the use of tools though as I only just about crawl out of the car as it is now with a roll cage.

I've got a Caged cage on my car with half doors and I just climb in from the top , but the doors are also attached using a couple of Dzus fasteners into the scuttle on the front edge of the door , if need be I can remove them in seconds .

Yeah, just use the 'door bars' to give yourself a leg up, then sit on top of the cage then pop your legs through, stand on the base of the seat, and lower yourself in.

In a Haynes style, extraction is the opposite of fitment :p

• Like 1

I think the clue is in the title:

Cheers for your comment as I have never heard of them then it's a company I have never heard of, infact could almost be something that's made by mick.

Possibly being more informative could have been more helpfull

PM Mick here - he's a WSCC Trader :t-up:

Sorry Jacko, I didn't mean to offend.

Sorry Jacko, I didn't mean to offend.

Lies!

However, they look a great bit of kit. I'll not be getting any, either doors on or off. I'd need flush fitting mounting system to ensure a good seal for the doors. Do look good though!

can anyone tell me how much buffeting there is with carbon half doors in comparison to full doors?

Some carbon fibre full doors would be nice :d