Im fed up with cars today!

TAFKARM

Got the MOT due on the daily shortly, so thought I'd tackle a few jobs.

Got the front discs and pads done in the rain on the drive. Snapped a bolt off in the caliper.

Started on the rears, get the caliper off to discover its seized to b*******y. Of course I can't get a new caliper because the motor factor is shut, so I need to put the old one back on. Only it won't go back on and the caliper won't wind back. goodness me. After much swearing, shivering and a bit of lateral thinking finally managed to get it back on before it went dark. New caliper on order, £80. Cheers.

Did manage to fix my windscreen wipers though (broken connecting rod from the snow a few weeks back)

Need to figure out why the horn isn't working too.

Meanwhile, the deathfield sits languishing in the garage with a gearbox issue when what I really want to be doing is fixing that so I can go for a drive!!

I fix cars all day long and things like this happen regular the problem is with cars now is everythings made of cheap nasty crud and charged at top prices!

Feel for ya mate

I had similar problem on the Audi A6 rear caliper. The bleed nipple pulled the alloy out with it when I undid. So I drilled and tapped it larger and made a new nipple. It just tore the ali out as I tightened it.

New caliper at a big price.

Never mind it keeps the repairers busy.

Prime example that! German engineering high price and probably some of the cheapest quality

Russ, I recommend henry westons oak aged cider 8.2% cider......  

Wingnut, I think they may be made in the UK by Girling (or whatever they call themselves now)

Good shout, but I've already cracked open an Asahi :)

I've just started a course on reverse origami actually, I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

• Like 3

That is a cracker,,, veyr good russ.  I like the canadian one liner comedian.......

Ive heard he collects empty bottles...which sounds so much better than alcoholic doesn't it?

The only thing worse than trying to deal with siezed bolts is dealing with them with the rain dripping down your neck! :down:

Russ, I recommend henry westons oak aged cider 8.2% cider......  

Henry Westons oak aged 8.2% cider....  :love: :love: :love:

Possibly the Champagne of ciders from Morrisons :oops:

:) :) :) :) :)

Wingnut, I think they may be made in the UK by Girling (or whatever they call themselves now)

I want to believe you! but didnt Mrs Thatcher see to the last of production in th Uk lol!