Wanted: Dry Sump Setup Parts for C20XE

AdamR

Hello all,

I'm undertaking the fitting of a dry sump to my C20XE engine and I'm looking for the following bits if anything has anything going spare?

Dry sump pan (and gasket)

Pump

Mounting bracket for pump to situate on exhaust side (and associated fixings if poss)

Oil tank (ideally a tall slim one to fit inside the front crossmember of the chassis)

Oil pump 'blanking' plate

Pump drive pulley for crank

Drive belt

I think that's all for now!

Cheers,

Adam

Quick bump before I end up splashing out on new bits...

I feel a disturbance in the force. Capital one maxed outey is getting ready for battle.

Wish I could help you bud. All I got is a couple of v small offcuts if pipe

Haha! Cheers, but small bits of pipe are the least of my worries I think :d

I've been told I should go for a new pump so that's off the 2nd hand list...

I'm trying to spend my money but nobody is answering their bl**** phones (or email)!

I bought a second hand "kit", (pump, sump pan, oil pump blanking plate). I knew the pump had been used a few times, the rest of the kit was like new. (It had been bought as backup spares by an SS competitor)

I got the pump overhauled by Pace - there dad been evidence it had swallowed a little debris at some point, though I know it made good pressure still.

By the time I'd paid for the overhaul and to have the mounting plate swapped, I could have bought an all new kit!

Just to add, sorry if any of that sounded like I was having a pop at the club member i bought it from; I wasn't, i had to have the work done I expected to do, and the condition was exactly as described, when I bought it, if not slightly better! i just underestimated the cost of overhaul PLUS bracket, PLUS new scvenge ports that faced the right way etc.

Edited by gadgetman - Dave Eastwood

Understood! And again makes perfect sense. Thanks Dave.

If memory serves, I spent the best part of £400 at Pace :o

Strip, inspect and rebuild three stage pump.

New rotor and outer ring for one of the scavenge stages.

New mounting bracket, (converting from Caterham OS mount to NS high (SBD) mount

New rear mounting bracket. (like a sort of short leg, that bolts to the engine block)

New seal kit

New main bolt for pump - the long one that goes all the way through.

New scavenge inlet adaptors, (the ones with the pump faced the opposite way for OS mounting, and couldn't just be turned round.

I had mine confirmed as being SBD spec internals while it was at Pace, (so I knew I was safe to run sealed, I'd been told it was SBD supplied, but better safe than sorry)

Incidentally, (and quite reasonably) Pace wouldn't tell me what SBD's spec was - obviously they've invested development time and costs in deriving that, just that mine matched!

the SBD stuff is good

If memory serves, I spent the best part of £400 at Pace :o

Crikey, that's getting on for new pump cost? Still, worthwhile!

the SBD stuff is good

Cheers Terry!

Correct! I must admit to wobbling a bit when I was told the price over the phone!

But it was peace of mind; knowing the pump was in "as new" condition, completely checked/overhauled by Pace.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.